Motorhoming

Day

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/07/2018 at 18:21, David said:

Anyone hired one before and hit the road?

Missus has a week off in November, wants a lodge in the middle of nowhere with a hot tub. Told her no, we’ve got a bath at home and a bunch of fields behind her.

My idea is renting one, hitting the road and see where we end up, no plans other than rough idea of where to aim for, London, South Coast, through the tunnel into France, back out Cornwall area, into Wales, up to the Lake District down to the Midlands to watch Derby then home.

6ft 3” so a bit worried it will be a week of hell if the weathers crap. Did a week on the Norfolk Broads on a boat, kept waking up with my toes in me mates gob it was that cramped.

Can you just park up anywhere legal or do you have to use camp sites, how long does the power last without hooking up, the toilet? How often does that need flushing out. 

Seen a couple for £400, probably stop in b&b’s for that by time you add petrol, tunnel and camp costs. Just fancy doing something a bit different, strap the bikes to the back of it and a bit of freedom.

Got the dog as well you see.

A bit late to the party but I can definitely recommend it!

I’ve just been to Northumberland in one. We stayed on sites so we could fill up with water but didn’t have electric hook up (got a gas bottle for oven/fridge/hot water) and a solar panel on the roof charges the leisure battery for charging phones etc.

Nothing better than getting up in the morning, opening the door and walking the dog on the beach.

If you do end up doing it and need any advice let me know. There’s a great site for free places to stay (http://wildcamping.moonfruit.com/wild-camping-uk/4563550466) that you can add to your sat-nav and it gives you info on each place like if it’s a car park or lay-by etc.

If you do wild camp then you obviously need to make sure there’s places around to top up your water and to empty your loo properly ?

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

A bit late to the party but I can definitely recommend it!

I’ve just been to Northumberland in one. We stayed on sites so we could fill up with water but didn’t have electric hook up (got a gas bottle for oven/fridge/hot water) and a solar panel on the roof charges the leisure battery for charging phones etc.

Nothing better than getting up in the morning, opening the door and walking the dog on the beach.

If you do end up doing it and need any advice let me know. There’s a great site for free places to stay (http://wildcamping.moonfruit.com/wild-camping-uk/4563550466) that you can add to your sat-nav and it gives you info on each place like if it’s a car park or lay-by etc.

If you do wild camp then you obviously need to make sure there’s places around to top up your water and to empty your loo properly ?

I assumed dogging would feature sooner or later.

Archived