Motorhoming

Day

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

No chance it’s the best pub then, bet it doesn’t even have a pool table does it, or Sky Sports?

Think yourself lucky it has windows!

It does have a fossil museum, a fine view of the sea and a dog on the roof. It also has the best cider in England, great live music and a free blacksmith for all your stone chisel needs. 

D87F2ABE-BDF9-49B0-8B4C-7DC5A0D0D51E.jpeg

Just now, Lambchop said:

Think yourself lucky it has windows!

It does have a fossil museum, a fine view of the sea and a dog on the roof. It also has the best cider in England, great live music and a free blacksmith for all your stone chisel needs. 

Sounds like a kinda pub where you have to use a jug of water to flush the toilet after you’ve been. All sounds tempting but there’s a lot of pubs between mine and there, think I’ll pass

3 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Can you get done for being drunk in charge, if you're errm, drunk and asleep in a motor home? I've heard you can if sleeping in a car, but maybe that's an urban myth type of thing? 

It depends what you do with the keys, and on the discretion of the copper. 

If you have a bed, are obviously intending to sleep the night, and the keys are packed away, you should be fine, but technically they could still do you. Leave the keys behind the bar, for example though, and you're legal. 

10 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Can you get done for being drunk in charge, if you're errm, drunk and asleep in a motor home? I've heard you can if sleeping in a car, but maybe that's an urban myth type of thing? 

Yes if you are on a public road, and the police want to follow the letter, could argue it out in court.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Depends. If you have parked in the overtaking lane on the m1 good chance you might get done ?

8 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Got to admit, I was cautious about clicking that, with all the talk of motor boating had to make sure the dog wasn't looking. He's only 3. Thanks! 

After further discussions with the missus she's given my exploration idea a green light, but not this time, save up more money and have 2 weeks to do it properly. She could be stringing me along and say the same next year, but I'll bookmark this one to remind her when booking next years time off work.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Got to admit, I was cautious about clicking that, with all the talk of motor boating had to make sure the dog wasn't looking. He's only 3. Thanks! 

After further discussions with the missus she's given my exploration idea a green light, but not this time, save up more money and have 2 weeks to do it properly. Se could be stringing me along and say the same next year, but I'll bookmark this one to remind her when booking next years time off work.

I’ve not got a motor home yet, was looking at Campervans and the sales guy recommended this website. Nowt to do with swinging or Jay of Inbetweeners caravan club shenanigans! Just good old honest vanilla motorhoming!! ? 

A neighbour was telling me once of a Motorhome place he used in Milton Keynes. They hire these quality Italian Motorhomes but need to get them delivered, so you can fly to Italy and drive them back for them. As you are doing them a favour, the cost is reduced quite a bit. Don't really know any more details but sounded good.

Corwall and Devon would be a good Winter trip in this country. Went to Mevagissy last October half term and it was lovely. Warm enough for tshirts on beach a couple of days.

Archived