Build a bear

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

What was all that about today?  Whats so special about them that people will queue 4 hours to get one for a few quid? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

The 16 hour tax credit brigade out in force today protesting Trump or queuing for hours for a discount on a cuddly toy, as for me? I was at work.

Of course people who have real full time jobs only work Monday to Friday from 9 till 5 don't they. Can't be possible for them to work a full time job that incorporates working in the evening or over night. 

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, rynny said:

Of course people who have real full time jobs only work Monday to Friday from 9 till 5 don't they. Can't be possible for them to work a full time job that incorporates working in the evening or over night. 

Who works in the evening? Bar staff and prostitutes, and some who are both. 

52 minutes ago, rynny said:

No, just the vast majority.

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

The 16 hour tax credit brigade out in force today protesting Trump or queuing for hours for a discount on a cuddly toy, as for me? I was at work.

Is it not The 30 hour tax credit brigade now days? 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I know a lot of people who booked a day's leave so they could go. 

Obviously, if there were unemployed people there, that invalidates the protest, because they are second class citizens and their views don't count. 

My wife was tempted to go (she works Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, if it’s relevant - and she works more than me, I’m self employed and work when I want, so I could’ve gone, if I could’ve been arsed), but she heard about the queues and weighed up the pros and cons and decided it wouldn’t be worth it. 

Weve got 3 kids and could’ve got 3 bears for less than £15. She’s very much of the mind ‘look how much we’ll be saving’, I have to remind her ‘look how much we’ll be spending.’ £15 is still £15 for something we don’t need. She literally went there on Monday for our daughter’s birthday present, and came back with 3! And we counted up we’ve got about 16 build a bears in the house (some we’ve inherited from cousins). 

So, tip if the day is, don’t be fooled by how much you’ll save, always think about how much you’ll spend (and get self-employed, it’s great). 

Archived