World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m telling you right now England are going to win the World Cup.

There’s not another side in the whole tournament who are as balanced as we are and we have genuine match winners  in positions all over the pitch.

We also have a manager who is used to doing well(albeit under 21 level). None of these international teams can cope with our 3-5-2. Very excited times. 

People will say it’s only Panama and Tunisia but what did Brazil do against Switzerland and they just beat Costa Rica and Spain only just beat Iran as with Germany against Sweden.

I was not passionate about England at all under Hodgson but Southgate makes me proud to be English again, the greatest country in the world ?)

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I’m telling you right now England are going to win the World Cup.

There’s not another side in the whole tournament who are as balanced as we are and we have genuine match winners  in positions all over the pitch.

We also have a manager who is used to doing well(albeit under 21 level). None of these international teams can cope with our 3-5-2. Very excited times. 

People will say it’s only Panama and Tunisia but what did Brazil do against Switzerland and they just beat Costa Rica and Spain only just beat Iran as with Germany against Sweden.

I was not passionate about England at all under Hodgson but Southgate makes me proud to be English again, the greatest country in the world ?)

Steady on

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Steady on

Not just basing it off the World Cup. Southgate has been building something these past few years and has got a formation that gets the best out of our players. I’ve watched the other big teams and haven’t been convinced by any of them apart from Belgium(who look dodgy in defence).

I don’t buy that we are poor in defence either, we played Germany and Brazil recently with a weakened team and neither of them scored or even looked like scoring against us.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t get the hype. I missed the Tunisia 1st half so from what I’ve seen, England have looked really average and just scored goals from set-pieces.

We need to play a good team for me to really judge.

We recently played against Germany and Brazil with a weakened team and neither of them looked like scoring.

Southgate is building something very special, I was sceptical at first but now I’m on the hype train, which I’m usually reluctant to get on unless I’m truly convinced. This English team are far different than other England teams.

Just now, Ramarena said:

4-0 but England benefiting from from panamas  naievity in attack and defence.

Panama look the better side in open play.

To be fair I've caught a couple of our players being pushed down off the ball, can't really pass the ball forward if the target is on the ground. 

Archived