World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, KCG said:

We've been saying that for years. Just how many chances does he get? He owes us big time.

He owes us jack diddly. 

Self entitled comment and then some this. 

‘We let a player, who’s just won a premier league medal in (arguably) the greatest ever premier league side scoring 20+ goals in the process, play for us. Boy should he be grateful to us!’ 

I get as frustrated as anyone when Sterling fails to find the killer pass or score but you have to weigh it up with the fact he gets in that position in the first place.

Opposing teams are terrified of him which in turn helps keep them on the back foot.

The team looks balanced with him in it. 

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

An ambulance car was slightly damaged? If Colombia lose they shoot a player , so let's get this into perspective. 

You've countered/defended disgustingly anti social behaviour which will have a direct impact on our already strained NHS to the worst case scenario from 25 years ago like that some how makes it not disgusting behaviour? 

I do hope it isn't your relative who next needs a fast response vehicle. 

"Yeah but he only murdered one person, look at that guy Harold Shipman... perspective!"

12 hours ago, KCG said:

I think he has been very average for England despite his talent, and he has been given numerous opportunities, when Vardy, Rashford and Welbeck usually deliver for England. If Sterling had composure I'd agree with you, but he doesn't. No doubt after stating this he'll score a hat trick and set up another 3!!!!!!!

What did he do wrong Saturday? 

He made a run which no other player on the pitch would have made, took the ball down beautifully, attempted to take it around the keeper, the keeper gets a brilliant hand to it to force him wide. Kane stands right next to a defender, Alli stands directly behind Kane leaving Sterling with no option but to shoot. 

There's a reason so many ex pros and pundits are leaping to his defence and maybe if the tabloids hadn't hounded him before the WC began he'd have that bit of extra confidence to get his first goal in some time. Instead he goes into every chance knowing what the headlines will be in the back of his mind. The headlines that wouldn't be there if any other player missed the same chance.  

PistoldPete2
34 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

You've countered/defended disgustingly anti social behaviour which will have a direct impact on our already strained NHS to the worst case scenario from 25 years ago like that some how makes it not disgusting behaviour? 

"Yeah but he only murdered one person, look at that guy Harold Shipman... perspective!"

The first snowflake of the summer. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I get as frustrated as anyone when Sterling fails to find the killer pass or score but you have to weigh it up with the fact he gets in that position in the first place.

Opposing teams are terrified of him which in turn helps keep them on the back foot.

The team looks balanced with him in it. 

Easy to forget when he’s through on goal and suddenly forgets who he is and why he is on a football pitch.

First was offside but you still bury it.

The second Conor Sammon would have buried. 

It’s those that stick in the mind more and leave you looking at Rashford twiddling his thumbs on the bench

57 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

True.

but uplifting to read about the millwall fans raising £1000 through crowdfunding for the repairs. Some sense out there.?

54 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

What did he do wrong Saturday? 

He made a run which no other player on the pitch would have made, took the ball down beautifully, attempted to take it around the keeper, the keeper gets a brilliant hand to it to force him wide. Kane stands right next to a defender, Alli stands directly behind Kane leaving Sterling with no option but to shoot. 

There's a reason so many ex pros and pundits are leaping to his defence and maybe if the tabloids hadn't hounded him before the WC began he'd have that bit of extra confidence to get his first goal in some time. Instead he goes into every chance knowing what the headlines will be in the back of his mind. The headlines that wouldn't be there if any other player missed the same chance.  

This exactly.

PistoldPete2
26 minutes ago, David said:

Easy to forget when he’s through on goal and suddenly forgets who he is and why he is on a football pitch.

First was offside but you still bury it.

The second Conor Sammon would have buried. 

It’s those that stick in the mind more and leave you looking at Rashford twiddling his thumbs on the bench

If it ain't broke don't fix it, so sterling should keep his place ... He offers pace and trickery and scares the opposition. He needs a goal though.

Henderson an injury doubt. 

England can't afford that. He's been perfect in this World Cup. Protected the defence like a defensive midfielder should do when other DMs think it's about pretty passes out wide and lay offs to the back line. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

An ambulance car was slightly damaged? If Colombia lose they shoot a player , so let's get this into perspective. 

The age of sexual consent is 14 in Colombia, do we need to get things into perspective when prosecuting peadophiles in this country? 

Instead comparing behaviour in another country, let’s look at the facts, that ambulance could be out there now saving lives, instead it’s in a garage being repaired as some muppets can’t handle their shandy after a game of football. 

Another snowflake checking in.

PistoldPete2
13 minutes ago, David said:

The age of sexual consent is 14 in Colombia, do we need to get things into perspective when prosecuting peadophiles in this country? 

Instead comparing behaviour in another country, let’s look at the facts, that ambulance could be out there now saving lives, instead it’s in a garage being repaired as some muppets can’t handle their shandy after a game of football. 

Another snowflake checking in.

I think the ambulance is fully functioning with or without a dent in it.. If they want to repair it for aesthetic reasons that's up to them. Sure the muppets can't handle their beer and I've heard reports of kids running naked through town and being stupid. Not pretty I'm sure. But snowflakes calling 999 are the ones who are diverting our public services from where they are needed. Bloody hell this only happens once every 50 years FFS. 

Edit... I've just seen the photo so maybe more damage than i thought, not clever. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think the ambulance is fully functioning with or without a dent in it.. If they want to repair it for aesthetic reasons that's up to them. Sure the muppets can't handle their beer and I've heard reports of kids running naked through town and being stupid. Not pretty I'm sure. But snowflakes calling 999 are the ones who are diverting our public services from where they are needed. Bloody hell this only happens once every 50 years FFS. 

So if you went out this morning to your car, found the windscreen put in and bonnet looking like the head of Kryton from Red Dwarf, you would say oh well, it only happens once every 50 years and continue to drive around as it is? 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Edit... I've just seen the photo so maybe more damage than i thought, not clever. 

Catching a little dose of perspective, are you? Defending the indefensible not good enough for you now, is it?

Snowflake.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

This isn’t pretty indefensible, to be fair. How much of an idiot do you have to be to say ‘yay, we might win the World Cup, let’s go and wreck stuff!’ Let alone an ambulance. Go dance on your own car if you want to dance on a car. 

Still, some of this was in Nottingham, so I’m quite happy to see Gumps making tits of themselves. 

That’s what they are though, there’s absolutely nothing big or clever about any of this. Dance through the streets, sing your hearts out, get rowdy and daft, but don’t wreck stuff. There’s no need and no excuse. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Surely it shouldn't take looking at the pics before thinking what they did was feckin stupid???  We won FFS, why go around trashing stuff??  And no, I'm not some snowflake who wears socks with his sandals, I'm loving this little break from the miseries of normal life just as much as everyone else.  I just don't see the point in p1ssing fellow fans off by threatening their livelihoods.  Same goes for those arsewipes who tore up an Ikea in London, do they think that only Swedish folk work there???  Celebrate, sing, shout, be merry, just leave people & property alone... Simples

Archived