DcFc Dyycheee

John Terry - Appointed assistant manager at Villa

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We actually have very good defenders for the championship in Davies Keogh wisdom and Forsyth our priorities lie in last seasons vortex - central midfield- we know Butterfield and Johnson just don’t have what we need but how are we going to set up and try to play because the likes of Martin and Bryson with a fit Thorne or Huddlestone could be vital with youngsters like our own Elsnick and Thomas coming through 

This is the most fascinating thing for me. We have one of, if not the best, ex-midfielders in the country to sort out our midfield. I would say lets just stand back, watch and see what he does. You never know you might find some existing players doing things they didn't know they were capable of.

(Sorry...……..going off topic a bit)

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

The reaction of the fans when a player leaves their club is usually - but not always - a good indicator of how their fared at that club. Villa fans were gutted across social media, I don’t recall seeing one comment being happy that he was leaving.

Ability-wise he would improve us. Keogh is a good player but Terry-Davies would be more solid than Keogh-Davies, but only in the short-term. That’s the issue with this potential deal. He would be here for a season then that would be it. Finances are also a problem as unless he’s incredibly keen to help his mate out then move into a coaching role, he’d be unlikely to want to half his wage from Villa at the very least when he could get a lot more abroad.

Just now, Kernow said:

Finances are also a problem as unless he’s incredibly keen to help his mate out then move into a coaching role, he’d be unlikely to want to half his wage from Villa at the very least when he could get a lot more abroad.

Agree with this.

If Terry is going to come then I can only see it being as a coach or player-coach taking a massive pay cut to kick start his post playing days career.  If he's driven by money he'll get a lot more elsewhere so I can only see him coming as both a favour to Lampard and the chance to kick start his coaching career.

If Jody Morris does come to Derby though as seems likely, I can see Terry taking his role back at Chelsea as his most likely destination.

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Oh! Sorry! 37 is it? Well then I take it all back! At that age, John Terry should add the perfect amount of pace into that back line to compliment Curtis Davies! 

News Flash - Terry to Rams for £5 a week. Win bonus of £1.50p but he will join the coaching staff after one year. 

News Flashier - Drogba to train with Rams, grin a lot on Rams TV and become part time striker coach at xmas when he is also fit to play.

News Flashiest - Pride Park designated an official ex Chelsea lido/last chance saloon/promotion gaining squad. aka the Chelsea PrePensioners. 😂

Team after xmas - 

Cech

Davies  The Terry  Zouma  Keogh

Hudds  Lampard Toure 

Lawrence of Arabia  The Drog  Osgood

😎 - Sense of humour has returned after humour meltdown last season. 😂

If you have nothing better to do please tender your exChelsea/Rams team.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

If you have nothing better to do please tender your exChelsea/Rams team.

Bamford?

Trying to think of players who've played for Chelsea AND Derby in the past for the ultimate combo buy

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander were if part coaching team.

that would explain why I haven't seen many posts from you over the past few days b4!!!

Where've you been-a-wandering?

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Bamford?

Trying to think of players who've played for Chelsea AND Derby in the past for the ultimate combo buy

Kevin Wilson, Dave Webb...