John Terry - Appointed assistant manager at Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

If Rowett came in with a decent offer for Davies it might make sense to sell and replace with Terry if Terry is paid the same as Davies? I’m thinking in terms of making wiggle room with FFP

Couldnt have Davies and Terry playing together, no recovery pace whatsoever in a defence is asking for trouble...

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

As an addition to the coaching staff? No problem.

As an addition to the squad? Alarm bells would ring. It would instantly contradict statements of bringing through youth and correcting the balance of the squad.

Granted, Terry is and was a fantastic defender and got rave reviews at Villa this  past season but what was an expensive experiment ultimately failed.

We would be daft to go down the same route. He is one year older with one year’s additional mileage on the clock. 

Keogh and Davies at this level are is more than adequate.

FTFY

Bring him in to help earn his badges. Register him as a player for back up. Sell Pearce and sign souttar. Play Davies and keogh with souttar pushing them for a spot. Have JT ready in case one gets injured to be on the bench

that works for me. Cheap, cover and a young payer for the future 

We actually have very good defenders for the championship in Davies Keogh wisdom and Forsyth our priorities lie in last seasons vortex - central midfield- we know Butterfield and Johnson just don’t have what we need but how are we going to set up and try to play because the likes of Martin and Bryson with a fit Thorne or Huddlestone could be vital with youngsters like our own Elsnick and Thomas coming through 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We actually have very good defenders for the championship in Davies Keogh wisdom and Forsyth our priorities lie in last seasons vortex - central midfield- we know Butterfield and Johnson just don’t have what we need but how are we going to set up and try to play because the likes of Martin and Bryson with a fit Thorne or Huddlestone could be vital with youngsters like our own Elsnick and Thomas coming through 

This is the most fascinating thing for me. We have one of, if not the best, ex-midfielders in the country to sort out our midfield. I would say lets just stand back, watch and see what he does. You never know you might find some existing players doing things they didn't know they were capable of.

(Sorry...……..going off topic a bit)

The reaction of the fans when a player leaves their club is usually - but not always - a good indicator of how their fared at that club. Villa fans were gutted across social media, I don’t recall seeing one comment being happy that he was leaving.

Ability-wise he would improve us. Keogh is a good player but Terry-Davies would be more solid than Keogh-Davies, but only in the short-term. That’s the issue with this potential deal. He would be here for a season then that would be it. Finances are also a problem as unless he’s incredibly keen to help his mate out then move into a coaching role, he’d be unlikely to want to half his wage from Villa at the very least when he could get a lot more abroad.

Just now, Kernow said:

Finances are also a problem as unless he’s incredibly keen to help his mate out then move into a coaching role, he’d be unlikely to want to half his wage from Villa at the very least when he could get a lot more abroad.

Agree with this.

If Terry is going to come then I can only see it being as a coach or player-coach taking a massive pay cut to kick start his post playing days career.  If he's driven by money he'll get a lot more elsewhere so I can only see him coming as both a favour to Lampard and the chance to kick start his coaching career.

If Jody Morris does come to Derby though as seems likely, I can see Terry taking his role back at Chelsea as his most likely destination.

News Flash - Terry to Rams for £5 a week. Win bonus of £1.50p but he will join the coaching staff after one year. 

News Flashier - Drogba to train with Rams, grin a lot on Rams TV and become part time striker coach at xmas when he is also fit to play.

News Flashiest - Pride Park designated an official ex Chelsea lido/last chance saloon/promotion gaining squad. aka the Chelsea PrePensioners. ?

Team after xmas - 

Cech

Davies  The Terry  Zouma  Keogh

Hudds  Lampard Toure 

Lawrence of Arabia  The Drog  Osgood

? - Sense of humour has returned after humour meltdown last season. ?

If you have nothing better to do please tender your exChelsea/Rams team.

Archived