Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Sorry you not making sense there, Bamford went to Leeds because Vydra didn’t want to go there, and was happy to fit into their wage structure.

As for other suitors for Vydra, the options are limited, he seems to be like Ince where he is more suited to Championship football or for a club just promoted, Cardiff couldn’t afford his wages, and both Fulham and Wolves already have similar players at the club.

Exactly, he's not a hot commodity even as Golden Boot. He considered going to L**ds, why not turn them down straight off?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carnero said:

With 2+ years left on his deal, Bobby Reid was worth diddly squat and struggling to get into the Bristol City team.

With 1 year left on his deal, Bobby Reid was sold by Bristol City for £10m.

You do the math.

and of course a certain player derby are now trying to sign for big bucks sold for 250,000 not so long ago lol

Where are all those clever posters from a few months back claiming that the club wouldn't take less than £15 million for golden boot Vydra? I was shouted down when I suggested we might get around £10 million. Looks like I was also a bit out (by about £10million....)

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Exactly, he's not a hot commodity even as Golden Boot. He considered going to L**ds, why not turn them down straight off?

Who knows ? Who cares ? Not sure what that has to do with his ability on the pitch.

oh and just for my parting shot on this subject, Vydra 12-1 for the golden boot, Marriott 22-1,  wonder why ?

Anyway enjoy the game Friday, I shall be there cheering them on and don’t care who scores for us and would be more than happy for them all to be a successful part of a promotion season ?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Interview experience. Don't knock it.

Who knows ? Who cares ? Not sure what that has to do with his ability on the pitch.

oh and just for my parting shot on this subject, Vydra 12-1 for the golden boot, Marriott 22-1,  wonder why ?

Anyway enjoy the game Friday, I shall be there cheering them on and don’t care who scores for us and would be more than happy for them all to be a successful part of a promotion season ?

We need the money from somewhere - we have a supposed hot property that we can't sell! #beentherebefore

Why would Vydra go talk to Leeds if he is wanted here and wants to stay?

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Where are all those clever posters from a few months back claiming that the club wouldn't take less than £15 million for golden boot Vydra? I was shouted down when I suggested we might get around £10 million. Looks like I was also a bit out (by about £10million....)

Another one....

1232707064_dogattentionwhore.jpg.2cbf66b4c7ae20b2c72363b7b9abac36.jpg

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We need the money from somewhere - we have a supposed hot property that we can't sell! #beentherebefore

Why would Vydra go talk to Leeds if he is wanted here and wants to stay?

Because we accepted an offer for him maybe?

Anyhow not sure what this has to do with his ability to score goals for us next season.

As for the money front, how much do you feel we need to comply with FFP and can this be done with movement in the Jan window ?

Just now, AdamRam said:

Because we accepted an offer for him maybe?

Anyhow not sure what this has to do with his ability to score goals for us next season.

As for the money front, how much do you feel we need to comply with FFP and can this be done with movement in the Jan window ?

If we accepted an offer he could have said no? He's done as much by not accepting their wage offers. If he doesn't score for us next season then his value will undoubtedly drop. I think for FFP purposes we can wait until the Jan window as its accounted for on the whole season.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

If we accepted an offer he could have said no? He's done as much by not accepting their wage offers. If he doesn't score for us next season then his value will undoubtedly drop. I think for FFP purposes we can wait until the Jan window as its accounted for on the whole season.

Seems you want to take out our FFP issues on a player because he doesn’t want to leave, or if he does it’s got to be to a club of his choice...can’t see any problem with that, we bought him and gave him a contract. His value is only what someone is willing to pay for him, at present that is nothing, next season he could play a big part of our season we get promoted and he is worth lot more.

Can never understand why people get hung up on the finance side of the club when they don’t actually know anything about it, leave it to the experts who have sight of the accounts and sit back and enjoy the football. Worry about it if it becomes a problem.

Adios.

Can never understand why people get hung up on the finance side of the club when they don’t actually know anything about it...

Except Mel has told us enough about it. OK stick your fingers in your ears and hummm. Hope SISU don't hear!

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Seems you want to take out our FFP issues on a player because he doesn’t want to leave, or if he does it’s got to be to a club of his choice...can’t see any problem with that, we bought him and gave him a contract. His value is only what someone is willing to pay for him, at present that is nothing, next season he could play a big part of our season we get promoted and he is worth lot more.

Can never understand why people get hung up on the finance side of the club when they don’t actually know anything about it, leave it to the experts who have sight of the accounts and sit back and enjoy the football. Worry about it if it becomes a problem.

Adios.

Also, the next financial year doesn't end until June.

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Sorry you not making sense there, Bamford went to Leeds because Vydra didn’t want to go there, and was happy to fit into their wage structure.

As for other suitors for Vydra, the options are limited, he seems to be like Ince where he is more suited to Championship football or for a club just promoted, Cardiff couldn’t afford his wages, and both Fulham and Wolves already have similar players at the club.

Lets not also forget that he wasn’t always in Rowetts plans, I would like to think that Lampard will not fall into a trap thinking just because people think he can’t play a certain way then he will not look to utilise him...what do I know though ?

I think you raise an interesting point here (although possibly accidentally).

I’ve kinda kept out of the Vydra stuff, partly because I don’t want to be too negative and start unnecessary debates when nothing is actually happening. But I might as well at my two penneth at this point. I think there’s a big problem with some players like Vydra who are so good at one-two aspects but can’t produce on others. There is no doubt scouts will have seen him over this last season and their feedback would have been ‘great technique, but goes missing defensively, can see head drop if not going his way’. It’s when those ‘buts’ happen that he becomes a risk as a signing, because manager have to decide whether they can teach those out of him. Rowett didn’t really help with that either because he essentially tried to hide his weaknesses rather than improve Vydra as a player. To me he has the technical ability to be a top player but I’m not sure he recognises he also needs the maturity on the pitch to get there.

Im not sure whether that’s my full theory yet, it’s been bugging me for a while as to why I’m not fussed for him to go. I think also that I was told before the end of the season that Vydra believed he was going to the Prem ‘either way’ which made me think he wasn’t too fussed about our run in. There’s nothing that’s happened this summer that’s made me believe differently to what I was told then (not itk btw, just terrace talk). I think if the Leeds comments hold any water then I think that adds to what I think about his maturity.

Essentially, great player but I don’t think he has the all round completed ‘game’ that will make Prem teams see him as a safe bet to go out and get him?

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Vydra isn't going anywhere bitches.

He is a ram, Lamps will fit him into the system, he will score lots of goals. 

Hopefully, but where do you fit him in? Without going round and round he has to find a way to play a different role, so far his career has said he’s struggled to do that.

I hope they can, that they can bide their time and he learns but so far his career and preseason games have shown a different story?

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Vydra isn't going anywhere bitches.

He is a ram, Lamps will fit him into the system, he will score lots of goals. 

Who would you drop though?

i think we look far more balanced with the current 433 line up. We know Vydra can’t play wide or be the lone striker, so who out of Bryson and Mount makes way to squeeze him in? Not convinced Bryson or Mount are that suited to playing in a midfield two either.

Or does Vydra become our chasing a game super sub?

Nice problem to have!

I don’t think we have much to worry about at the moment FFP wise, we’re in a similar situation as last season as we’ve had as many outs as ins and probably reduced our wage bill a bit. If we sell Vyds  we’ll be in a great position finacially but I’m sure we are in a stable position now. Specutively we’ve lost high earner 

baird 

shackell 

bent

wierman  

rowett 

plus ince money and investment from 32Red probably more investment due to the industry they represent they would generally pay more to offset the reputational risk to the club. 

Also MM has rights for us to be able to stream games not shown on tv, fans will pay a fee for that increasing our revenue. 

We have only spent about £5/6?million but the wages for those players coming in without massive reputations and experience would be lower than what we’ve let go. I’d imagine we are in same position as last year, I’m sure we will have more outs before the end of the TW as agents look to make some money and players realise they won’t play. 

Archived