Nick Blackman return?

BatRam

1 hour ago, David said:

he might actually be worth a chance in a more central role and not another Vydra out wide.

Would he still be worth a chance if Maccabi offer close to a million for him or would you cut and run?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Would he still be worth a chance if Maccabi offer close to a million for him or would you cut and run?

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he was to leave this summer, just wouldn’t be against giving the guy a chance if Rowett wanted a second look.

As he was sent out on loan I would assume we would be happy to listen to offers.

Far too quick to write players off as a fan base though, some will argue it’s the same at every club, I wouldn’t know as I don’t follow them all, but two wrongs don’t make a right.

Vydra our wide looked a waste of £8m, topics of he shouldn’t wear the shirt, fast forward a year later we should be looking at selling the Championship top scorer for no less than £15m apparently. 

3-4-3, given a central role, might just be what Blackman needs, who knows?  

27 minutes ago, David said:

In that case there is a place for him if both Vydra and Nugent are sold. He could compete with Jerome for first back up to the first choice superstar we used the Vydra cash to buy.

That central role in a 3-4-3 is far too vital to take a punt on Blackman as a first option. And there will only be room for one of either himself or Nugent in the squad. Maybe neither if we promote from within.

3 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

I would keep blackman and ship out Nugent, Jerome, Martin and if we got the right fee Vydra to. I would then look at getting in some younger hungrier strikers like Marriot.

So we keep a striker who has won nothing and constantly not scored goals over his entire career and we let go the championships top goal scorer, an ex England international who scores game everywhere he goes a proven championship goal scorer with promotion success and the best striker we have had in 15 years.....

seems logical to me.....

41 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So we keep a striker who has won nothing and constantly not scored goals over his entire career and we let go the championships top goal scorer, an ex England international who scores game everywhere he goes a proven championship goal scorer with promotion success and the best striker we have had in 15 years.....

seems logical to me.....

Carlton Palmer is ex England international. Nuff said. 

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

seems logical to me.....

Ex England international lol was that 10 years ago for all of 1 game. Nugent and jerome are getting on and on decent wages, Martin doesnt fit Rowetts style hence the loan away, Vydra is the top goal scorer and would command a large fee that I would love Derby to turn down but i doubt that would happen hence why i said he would go. I would keep Blackman and actually play him as a striker only, he is on low wages and would be called upon as a back up. I would then look at reinvesting money from the above sales and buy 4/5 younger players to fill positions that we need, LB, CM, winger and striker. Marriott, Maddinson, Taylor etc.

16 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Ex England international lol was that 10 years ago for all of 1 game. Nugent and jerome are getting on and on decent wages, Martin doesnt fit Rowetts style hence the loan away, Vydra is the top goal scorer and would command a large fee that I would love Derby to turn down but i doubt that would happen hence why i said he would go. I would keep Blackman and actually play him as a striker only, he is on low wages and would be called upon as a back up. I would then look at reinvesting money from the above sales and buy 4/5 younger players to fill positions that we need, LB, CM, winger and striker. Marriott, Maddinson, Taylor etc.

Have a look at how many goals Blackman has scored over his career....it is absolutely abysmal... he will never make it at this level and if we are even considering having him at the club it shows The lack of ambition and we won’t go anywhere near the play offs. 

6 hours ago, David said:

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he was to leave this summer, just wouldn’t be against giving the guy a chance if Rowett wanted a second look.

As he was sent out on loan I would assume we would be happy to listen to offers.

Far too quick to write players off as a fan base though, some will argue it’s the same at every club, I wouldn’t know as I don’t follow them all, but two wrongs don’t make a right.

Vydra our wide looked a waste of £8m, topics of he shouldn’t wear the shirt, fast forward a year later we should be looking at selling the Championship top scorer for no less than £15m apparently. 

You should have told Gary he was the divisions top scorer and worth 15 million. He might not have benched him for our most important game of the season. His relationship with the manager must be broken. One of them must leave, have a horrible feeling it will be the wrong one though 

Just now, Doodle said:

You should have told Gary he was the divisions top scorer and worth 15 million. He might not have benched him for our most important game of the season. His relationship with the manager must be broken. One of them must leave, have a horrible feeling it will be the wrong one though 

Rowett is the manager, he picks a team that he thinks is capable of winning the match, if that means leaving the top scorer on the bench (who had a poor game in the first leg) that’s his call, he wouldn’t be the first manager to do this or the last. Saying their relationship must be broken and one has to leave is just absurd. 

In the 3421 we finished the season with, the 2 behind/beside the central striker had a hybrid role between a traditional winger and an inside forward. Blackman would suit one of those roles much better than the central striker, or the winger role in our old 433.

His ability to run with the ball, which comes from confidence and game time which he hasn’t had at Derby, and a desire to cut in on his left and hit it might work well as a rotation with Lawrence, Weimann and potential youth player like Elsnik

If we get an offer then fair play we must sell, however he is a decent player, has a good touch and a good shot. 

Hes certainly not as bad as some make out and to say he will never make it at this level, when he's been at this level for for a few years now suggests some people really haven't got a clue 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

How many appearances did he make wide left for us? Pretty sure you could count them on one hand. 

Didn't he get like 7 starts or something then loads of sub appearances? Hardly an opportunity to shine

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

How many appearances did he make wide left for us? Pretty sure you could count them on one hand. 

I just don't think it's worth keeping him around unless we give him a go in his natural position, which is a striker. Even Reading fans will tell you that's his best position.

20 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If we get an offer then fair play we must sell, however he is a decent player, has a good touch and a good shot. 

Hes certainly not as bad as some make out and to say he will never make it at this level, when he's been at this level for for a few years now suggests some people really haven't got a clue 

He is awful. 

Someone just said his best spell was at reading....so I checked out his goal record during that time..18 goals is 103 appearances.......????? In this league, that is rubbish. 

Difficulty is that if you keep him and he doesn't do particularly well ( enough to extend his contract), then you stand to make a relatively large loss at the end of the season, at a time when FFP looks a bit demanding. 

If you sell him, even for a modest fee, then such fee and wage savings reduce the effect of such loss.

Archived