NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Shouldn’t you be hating the Ravens now? ?

It’s developing quickly with the help of @Srg

I don’t think it really matters who you support when it comes down to Sean Payton, he has one of those faces like Bill Belichik that is foot through TV worthy. Doesn’t help when you have a 55” TV and they zoom right in on his mush.

Been an interesting year, one that I will accept the mockery which comes my way for many a season to come, but one that I will defend as “finding my place”. The taste of pure salt in my mouth on Sunday night felt very real. 

I have learnt a valuable lesson though, a couple actually, don’t listen to Scott, don’t pick a team without even watching them or on their branding, which the Falcons would win hands down if they had a branding Super Bowl.

Watch and wait, you will know. Someone else offered this advice to Ambitious I think a few weeks ago, best piece of advice on here.

Finally Pittsburgh may be thousands of miles away from Atlanta but Sean Payton will always top my list of NFL cockwombles.

4 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t think it really matters who you support when it comes down to Sean Payton, he has one of those faces like Bill Belichik that is foot through TV worthy. Doesn’t help when you have a 55” TV and they zoom right in on his mush.

Been an interesting year, one that I will accept the mockery which comes my way for many a season to come, but one that I will defend as “finding my place”. The taste of pure salt in my mouth on Sunday night felt very real. 

I have learnt a valuable lesson though, a couple actually, don’t listen to Scott, don’t pick a team without even watching them or on their branding, which the Falcons would win hands down if they had a branding Super Bowl.

Watch and wait, you will know. Someone else offered this advice to Ambitious I think a few weeks ago, best piece of advice on here.

Finally Pittsburgh may be thousands of miles away from Atlanta but Sean Payton will always top my list of NFL cockwombles.

Your QB is a rapist.

34 minutes ago, David said:

Agree with that if you’re referring to colours, uniform, moniker and logo. It’d be between the Falcons and Da Bears. Houston’s home uniforms are pretty stylish too. But I can’t stand the fact that they recycled the Texans moniker from the failed Dallas outfit. I’d much preferred they’d called themselves the Oilers personally.

Weirdly most Americans seem to prefer the white-based uniforms, ie the Cowboys and the Colts white and blue.

1 hour ago, David said:

Hah yeah, i have no problem with people essentially flirting around different teams until they get the right connection with one, I said something along those lines to ambitious. You are right, you can’t decide to support a team without even having watched them.

does the Sheff Utd manager remind anyone else if Belchek, or is it just me? Both equally make me want to put my foot through the telly anyway...

12 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Hah yeah, i have no problem with people essentially flirting around different teams until they get the right connection with one, I said something along those lines to ambitious. You are right, you can’t decide to support a team without even having watched them.

does the Sheff Utd manager remind anyone else if Belchek, or is it just me? Both equally make me want to put my foot through the telly anyway...

Becomes a problem when players start flirting with other teams though ?

IMG_20190103_111858.jpg

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

People are so unfair to Bill Bellechick.

If you’d had to coach in Cleveland for five years and finally managed to get them going in the playoff direction after four; but got sacked a week after they announced the move to the glorious city of Baltimore to become the juggernaut that would become the Ravens (after being reassured repeatedly by Art Model that the job was his for at least another season...but, then again, it was the same Art Model that swore he’d never even contemplate moving the Browns from their ancestral home), you’d be an embittered, nasty old coot too...

24 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

People are so unfair to Bill Bellechick.

If you’d had to coach in Cleveland for five years and finally managed to get them going in the playoff direction after four; but got sacked a week after they announced the move to the glorious city of Baltimore to become the juggernaut that would become the Ravens (after being reassured repeatedly by Art Model that the job was his for at least another season...but, then again, it was the same Art Model that swore he’d never even contemplate moving the Browns from their ancestral home), you’d be an embittered, nasty old coot too...

I get the Browns hate for us for doing that, but they got their team back a couple of years later with their records intact...

We got shipped to Indianapolis overnight in the snow and lost everything to do with Colts and didn't get a team back for a long, long time.

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Don't worry about us, we're wining the Super Bowl. 

Can you point me in the right direction of you reasons for changing teams? I need this running by me to make sure they're acceptable. 

I would like to think it’s the same reason most of you picked your teams, finding them entertaining to watch. Can’t deny Steelers are that. Whilst the run game has been frustratingly lacking, when Big Ben winds up that arm you know something special is coming from JuJu or Brown although looks like the latter is off now. 

Under all the bravado more I watched them I just felt flat, no emotion, lost, oh well and found myself looking for the Steelers games as I knew it would be a decent game. I actually paid real money to watch the Steelers Bengals, £15 for 7 days Game Pass, never felt the urge to for the Falcons, to be honest the red thing was a little uncomfortable as well. Tried the jersey on as you would when it’s a gift but wasn’t right at all.

Steelers thing has been a thing for a while now, not said owt for fear of looking a fool but then I realised I don’t actually care ?

Like I said earlier it’s been a strange finding the feet season, didn’t expect to actually get hooked as much as I have but it’s happened and destroyed my sleep schedule completely. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Gone are the days of the weekly ridicule from Dave for watching the NFL.

Still think the oxygen masks are a bit OTT, although judging by the size of linebackers they spend the week in in and out getting fit so probably needed.

Archived