Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 23/09/2016 at 06:41, JoetheRam said:

Electronic passport control gates.

Maybe not the gates themselves, as I'm not a total mouth breather and know how to follow the 3 simple instructions it gives you, but the general public who are incapable of doing the following:

- Inserting Passport shiny photo side first.

- Standing in the correct spot.

- Looking at the screen for 10 seconds.

Took me 40 minutes at East Midlands last week because of this. Made me weep for humanity.

Tell me about it, I use it and sail through everytime. I don't know what it is about people and instructions, especially when at airports or on planes....

1. Announcements to take off coats, belts etc, have your liquids ready to go through security. No people wait until they are at the security itself then start the process. Add to that those idiots that leave their liquids in their bags so slowing everyone up again, I had my bag randomly selected for a swab test last time but had to wait for about 10 minutes because TWO people were having their bags searched because they had failed to take their liquids out their bags, oh and those keys in your pocket you forgot to take out, thats why you are being frisked. And those liquids that exceed 100ml, no matter how much you argue and slow me down they wont let you take it through, and no i dont believe you that the checkout assistant in WH Smith said it would be ok to take it through so do one.

2. Take your tray away from the belt when you need to re-dress, dont stand there blocking everyone else, and put your tray in the flipping right place after just as it says rather than leaving it on the belt preventing the belt moving.

3. When they announce for rows 10-35 or whatever to come forward they mean rows 10-35 not everyone, if they meant everyone they would say it, honest it doesnt mean they are getting to their holiday desitnation any quicker than you it just means they can load the plane faster, but no get up if you want because you think everyone else is getting there quicker and just slow us all down.

4. When they announce as you get on the plane to place your bags overhead and sit down as quickly as possible, this is what they mean they dont mean stand about blocking everyone else getting to their seats.

5. When you land and they announce for people to keep their seat belts on and remain seated until the captain has turned out the seatbelt lights, they dont mean get up and start taking your bags out the overhead. You wont get off any quicker you impatient idiot so stay in your seat.

6. Collecting your bags from the baggage belt, when it says dont stand in front of the yellow line, it doesnt mean stand where you want, let everyone see whats coming on the belt, its not just you that needs to see if your bag is coming.

And whilst this isnt not following instructions its still bloody annoying.

1. If you want to chat on the plane, can you keep it down, i am not interested in where you went last year, or if you have been here before or whatever, just keep your voice low.

2. Do you really need to recline your seat for a 4 hour flight? honestly? i now have even less room thanks to you you inconsiderate git.

3. Honestly mate, i know its not your fault you have really hairy arms, but as you are sat next to someone could you not have covered them up...i dont enjoy being tickled by them constantly throught the flight.

4. Oh you there, yes you....when you go to the toilet next time do you really have to grab the back of every seat as you walk down, i was just dozing off there and got woken by being rocked back and forth as you grabbed my seat for some unknown reason, you have your own if you want to shake a seat about do it with that one thanks.

5. You behind me, yes you with the annoying kid thats sat behind me and keeps kicking the back of my seat, can you not see its happening? Would it not be considerate of you to ask your little brat to stop kicking the seat? No? ok didnt think so,

6. Going back to the subject of toilets...mate you stink, did you really have to wait to get on the plane before taking a dump? Dont you have a toilet at home? FFS...it stinks, omg im going to be sick.

koi 1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Tell me about it, I use it and sail through everytime. I don't know what it is about people and instructions, especially when at airports or on planes....

1. Announcements to take off coats, belts etc, have your liquids ready to go through security. No people wait until they are at the security itself then start the process. Add to that those idiots that leave their liquids in their bags so slowing everyone up again, I had my bag randomly selected for a swab test last time but had to wait for about 10 minutes because TWO people were having their bags searched because they had failed to take their liquids out their bags, oh and those keys in your pocket you forgot to take out, thats why you are being frisked. And those liquids that exceed 100ml, no matter how much you argue and slow me down they wont let you take it through, and no i dont believe you that the checkout assistant in WH Smith said it would be ok to take it through so do one.

2. Take your tray away from the belt when you need to re-dress, dont stand there blocking everyone else, and put your tray in the flipping right place after just as it says rather than leaving it on the belt preventing the belt moving.

3. When they announce for rows 10-35 or whatever to come forward they mean rows 10-35 not everyone, if they meant everyone they would say it, honest it doesnt mean they are getting to their holiday desitnation any quicker than you it just means they can load the plane faster, but no get up if you want because you think everyone else is getting there quicker and just slow us all down.

4. When they announce as you get on the plane to place your bags overhead and sit down as quickly as possible, this is what they mean they dont mean stand about blocking everyone else getting to their seats.

5. When you land and they announce for people to keep their seat belts on and remain seated until the captain has turned out the seatbelt lights, they dont mean get up and start taking your bags out the overhead. You wont get off any quicker you impatient idiot so stay in your seat.

6. Collecting your bags from the baggage belt, when it says dont stand in front of the yellow line, it doesnt mean stand where you want, let everyone see whats coming on the belt, its not just you that needs to see if your bag is coming.

And whilst this isnt not following instructions its still bloody annoying.

1. If you want to chat on the plane, can you keep it down, i am not interested in where you went last year, or if you have been here before or whatever, just keep your voice low.

2. Do you really need to recline your seat for a 4 hour flight? honestly? i now have even less room thanks to you you inconsiderate git.

3. Honestly mate, i know its not your fault you have really hairy arms, but as you are sat next to someone could you not have covered them up...i dont enjoy being tickled by them constantly throught the flight.

4. Oh you there, yes you....when you go to the toilet next time do you really have to grab the back of every seat as you walk down, i was just dozing off there and got woken by being rocked back and forth as you grabbed my seat for some unknown reason, you have your own if you want to shake a seat about do it with that one thanks.

5. You behind me, yes you with the annoying kid thats sat behind me and keeps kicking the back of my seat, can you not see its happening? Would it not be considerate of you to ask your little brat to stop kicking the seat? No? ok didnt think so,

6. Going back to the subject of toilets...mate you stink, did you really have to wait to get on the plane before taking a dump? Dont you have a toilet at home? FFS...it stinks, omg im going to be sick.

Haha made me laugh this Paul and I fly very very infrequently.

The bit I can most relate to is the kids kicking the back of your seat. I get this all the time in the cinema and it winds me up no end.

I make a point of telling my kid to not kick the seat in front of her but then think why bother. Every frigger else is letting their kids do it without a care in the world so why should I be the odd one out.

5 hours ago, Muskination said:

Or driver's that turn in to a lane that's turning off, and then indicate when they're in it! It's too fncking late now, it's called an indicator to indicate where you're going, not where you are!

The drivers that turn in to a lane that's turning off, but at an angle, leaving their butt-end sticking out into your lane, thus obviating the benefit of the turn off lane at a single stroke. This happened about 5 times in my week in the Lake District.

Mind you, wish I was still there.

6 hours ago, steve brummie said:

Will you do my taxes?

idk how to unquote someone in a post. I didn't actually have anything to say to this.

8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

The drivers that turn in to a lane that's turning off, but at an angle, leaving their butt-end sticking out into your lane, thus obviating the benefit of the turn off lane at a single stroke. This happened about 5 times in my week in the Lake District.

omg I hate this :angry:

10 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Bloody tourists.

25 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Me too, and it is randomly annoying. It might be that with my jam-covered sausage fingers I just haven't figured it out yet

18 minutes ago, Broderick said:

@David Do you know how?

The last icon on the toolbar, square with a corner cut off (new page) that clears the contents of the editor.