Under 23s v Sheffield United PL Cup

angieram

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, angieram said:

The positive of tonight's game is the skill of Kyle McAllister - good to see him on the pitch for Derby at last. 

Agreed. Made a big difference when he came on - and this was his first game back, too. Imagine when he's fully match fit!

48 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If there was guarantees those would be playing most weeks or at least in the squad I might have! 

But I have and I want to see good football. 

I think our first team are doing well and they are 5th and going for playoffs 

I would say that’s good wouldn’t you 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

But I have and I want to see good football. 

I think our first team are doing well and they are 5th and going for playoffs 

I would say that’s good wouldn’t you 

Yes I would and I haven't got any issues with the season........except I haven't seen this young hungry squad we were all sold. I'm not saying we should be playing 5 U23's every game but some of them could make the step up and be given a run throughout the season.

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Yes I would and I haven't got any issues with the season........except I haven't seen this young hungry squad we were all sold. I'm not saying we should be playing 5 U23's every game but some of them could make the step up and be given a run throughout the season.

Ok so why hasn’t Gary Rowett done this. 

Are you saying Gary has no idea on how to run the team. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok so why hasn’t Gary Rowett done this. 

Are you saying Gary has no idea on how to run the team. 

Maybe because he brought in Hudds, Ledley, Davies, Jerome which hampered the pathway to the first team for anyone under 21. 

Gary has made mistakes this season, some with his mouth and some with his decissions with the team.

im not knocking him, he's done a good job for the short term, it's the long term that is of concern.

just answer me this, if we don't play any academy players how will we start to recoup the £6 mil the academy costs and sustain that level of expenditure.

21 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe because he brought in Hudds, Ledley, Davies, Jerome which hampered the pathway to the first team for anyone under 21. 

Gary has made mistakes this season, some with his mouth and some with his decissions with the team.

im not knocking him, he's done a good job for the short term, it's the long term that is of concern.

just answer me this, if we don't play any academy players how will we start to recoup the £6 mil the academy costs and sustain that level of expenditure.

Patience. Just because we haven't yet doesn't mean we never will. One or two are out on loan with a view to next season. If just one (say Elsnik) comes good he could wipe out the academy debts for a couple of years. Get two and ....................

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Who are thes players as good as Huddlestone, Davies, ledley, and Jerome . 

There simply aren’t any as good as them in the academy. 

REALITY IS MAYBE FANS SHOULD NOT BE DUPED iNTO THINKING THERE ARE  

Recouping 6 Million is a tall order whatever in Football 

Did Mel really expect his money back !

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe Rowett felt that the likes of Guy and Elsnik would get little playing time this season and that in the long term they would benefit from regular league games at a lower level. Hopefully, next season they will get their chance with that experience behind them.

Archived