12 games to avoid FFP sanctions?

DerbyRevolution

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Good point.

Not sure there's much value left in the squad! 

There's a fair bit in Vydra alone. Just realised I missed JR out of my previous analysis (I've,reluctantly, almost taken it as read that Chris Baird will be off the wage bill next year,as there doesn't seem to have been any talk of contract extension). 

23 minutes ago, superfit said:

Mel made it clear at the Q&A earlier this season that one of Gary's remits was to add value to the squad. So has Gary failed in this respect? 

Possibly.

Carson, Keogh, Ledley and Vydra have probably increased.

We would probably struggle to make profit on anyone else.

Just my opinion of course.

That also overlooks the fact that our youngsters out on loan, especially Elsnik, may have added value.

On 27 February 2018 at 12:49, Boycie said:

Getting promotion doesn’t stop ffp action against you.

Look at Leicester and Bournemouth 

Yeah look at them ! Piss all over the rules , roll around in PL millions and get a tiny fine ! I dont see why people keep worrying about FFP 

2 hours ago, ramblur said:

There's a fair bit in Vydra alone. Just realised I missed JR out of my previous analysis (I've,reluctantly, almost taken it as read that Chris Baird will be off the wage bill next year,as there doesn't seem to have been any talk of contract extension). 

Reluctantly !!! You having a laugh , why would anyone want to keep a 36 yr old ? Get rid asap

4 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Yeah look at them ! Piss all over the rules , roll around in PL millions and get a tiny fine ! I dont see why people keep worrying about FFP 

Possibly because you can breach FFP and not get promoted.

4 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Reluctantly !!! You having a laugh , why would anyone want to keep a 36 yr old ? Get rid asap

Possibly because he's a good pro and hasn't let us down this season. If you wanted to ditch any players for the odd mistake here and there,we wouldn't have many left.

This situation reminds me very much of 07/08 when that great pro/servant of the club,Marc Edworthy, hoped he might get a one year extension. I was sickened by the scorn heaped on him by some fans.... 'oh no,we've got big money now,we don't need you etc'. What happened -we signed a RB who wasn't fit to lace Marc's boots.

Because the 3rd year of the cycle is based on a projection submitted in March,a points deduction could be applied in that same year,which could potentially demote a club in the automatic positions to the play offs (or worse), or a club in the play offs outside the play offs (stated some time ago by the EFL).

In March,transfer dealings (apart from exceptional) will be out of the way and the wage bill would be pretty well known,so if you were to submit the actual accounts at a later date,and the FFP loss was substantially higher than that projected,I suspect the EFL would be looking for some answers. Now I accept that a points deduction hasn't yet been applied,but it's there in the armoury. I don't know if the scale of the overshoot would be a deciding factor,or if it's possibly reserved for second offenders. I can remember SR talking of the potential for points deductions for FFP 'offenders' some time ago.

On 2/27/2018 at 12:56, Stripperg-ram said:

Spoke to someone close to the club the other day and they said that there is some pressure to go up. 

If you think about Bryson & Martin they still have got contracts to come back to. So somewhat a stay of execution, from a financial point of view. Burton are probably only paying 90p a week towards Bents £20-£40k(?) a week. 

Mel has spent 100’s of Millions since taking over and even he can’t keep dishing it out.

WHEN YOU SAID CLOSE TO THE CLUB DID YOU MEAN THE PERSON LIVES NEAR PRIDE PARK? AND WHATS THIS ABOUT MEL SPENDING 100S OF MILLIONS ON THE CLUB LOL LOL

Archived