Jerome's a good player....

NorwichLad

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not really Kash. Most Rams, even those like myself who loved Chris Martin, have pretty much moved on. He's not played with us for a long time and whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, CamJam is currently doing a great job for us as 5 goals in his last 4 games clearly shows. This is a thread about CamJam and not Chris so let's try an avoid another Chris Martin pissing match if we can, huh?

* Just seen you edit - nice to see you giving Cam some kudos. He's trying his feckin heart out for us and I love that nearly as much as I loved watching Chris play.

I have him credit initially too...if you read my post fully.

And just because my views on martin/jerome don't match yours,it doesn't mean they aren't correct or true....unless you have some all encompassing code that allows you a window on the dcfc fans views on everything with total accuracy that I dont,huh?

As I said,jerome coming good and he suits Gary's ways....I'm pleased with that.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I have him credit initially too...if you read my post fully.

And just because my views on martin/jerome don't match yours,it doesn't mean they aren't correct or true....unless you have some all encompassing code that allows you a window on the dcfc fans views on everything with total accuracy that I dont,huh?

As I said,jerome coming good and he suits Gary's ways....I'm pleased with that.

Err what you actually said was that Martin was / is a far better player than CamJam which is just your opinion as far as I'm concerned. Hardly complimentary really. Anyway, you're kind of barking up the wrong tree preaching to me about Martin (and many others on here) when my thoughts on him and theirs too have been made abundantly clear before now. Like most others, I just don't feel the need to drag him into every thread I post in, is all ?

46 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Err what you actually said was that Martin was / is a far better player than CamJam which is just your opinion as far as I'm concerned. Hardly complimentary really. Anyway, you're kind of barking up the wrong tree preaching to me about Martin (and many others on here) when my thoughts on him and theirs too have been made abundantly clear before now. Like most others, I just don't feel the need to drag him into every thread I post in, is all ?

Shame you felt the need to edit your original post

We were getting on so well.

And stating Martin(who is still a derby player,you might recall) is better than jerome isn't being derogatory towards jerome....each has their place in different systems.

Here’s a thought ,,, jerome has played at a higher level than Martin and to say Martin is a better player is in my view way off the mark ,, cam is not just some goal hanger that just scores goals and nothing else ,look at his assist v Barnsley ,, he has power , he has pace ,he can score ,he can stretch teams ,he can hold the ball up ,he can pass a ball ,, he is even at his age now every bit the player Martin is and perhaps better and I’m willing to bet that at the end of their career s cams stats in terms of playing / producing at the highest level will trounce martins ,

forget all this cam fits agricultural rowett ball and Martin doesn’t ,it’s a smoke screen to cover the letting Martin go and bringing cam in being a bloody good move yet again from rowett ( not the only manager to think that either ) ,

if martin is this wonderful technical player that shines in good teams that play good passing football why is he not playing his trade in the prem ? Or holding down a first team place at derby ,Fulham or reading in the championship come to that? 

Martin had a great few years with us and there will always be a place in my football / derby heart for him but let’s not let us totally overate him 

8 minutes ago, archied said:

Here’s a thought ,,, jerome has played at a higher level than Martin and to say Martin is a better player is in my view way off the mark ,, cam is not just some goal hanger that just scores goals and nothing else ,look at his assist v Barnsley ,, he has power , he has pace ,he can score ,he can stretch teams ,he can hold the ball up ,he can pass a ball ,, he is even at his age now every bit the player Martin is and perhaps better and I’m willing to bet that at the end of their career s cams stats in terms of playing / producing at the highest level will trounce martins ,

forget all this cam fits agricultural rowett ball and Martin doesn’t ,it’s a smoke screen to cover the letting Martin go and bringing cam in being a bloody good move yet again from rowett ( not the only manager to think that either ) ,

if martin is this wonderful technical player that shines in good teams that play good passing football why is he not playing his trade in the prem ? Or holding down a first team place at derby ,Fulham or reading in the championship come to that? 

Martin had a great few years with us and there will always be a place in my football / derby heart for him but let’s not let us totally overate him 

Love Chris Martin but there's not much to argue with in your assessment, if anything. 17/18 Chris has played in 35 games and scored only twice. And before folk start ranting at me about his link up play, he's only made one assist in the same period. He seems a shadow of his former self and while I do understand why folk get a bit misty-eyed over Chris, it seems his time with us is over and I'd be near certain he'll be joining McLaren at QPR this summer.  There'll be no excuses left if that's the case.

As for Jerome, after a difficult start where I don't think GR was playing him to his strengths, he's now bagged 5 in his last four games and they've been some pretty vital goals too. Like you, I think there's rather more to his game than folk (including myself) initially thought. I was pretty excited when he signed as I thought that a quick, strong, bullying CF was one of the missing pieces in the GR jigsaw, but he's certainly got more in his armoury than a turn of foot and big elbows. I don't recall even his admirers describing him as clinical but he doesn't seem to need many opportunities to find the net and has shown recently he can provide for others as well as scoring goals himself. That £1.5 million fee might will look a proper bargain if we secure promotion and a £200 million windfall off the back of his goals. As it is, it already looks great value whether we go up or not, in my mind at least!

Chris Martin clearly doesn't have the athleticism to have ever made it in the Premier League, doesn't matter how clever he is with the ball really does it.... never had the yard of pace. We played him a few times in that league, looked out of his depth. 

Cameron Jerome has always apparently been a crazy trainer and could run all day. What you are seeing is a Jerome who is just past his peak.... unbelievable how much ground he was covering for us a couple of years ago, and was easy to see why Premier League sides wanted him to run all day. Was a machine.... probably could have been a great 5k or 10k runner with the sprint finish. Should give that a go when he hangs up his boots ?

Just wanted to go on record to say WELL done Jerome, I thought when I first saw you, you was finished but how wrong was I, the last 4 games you have shown why Mr Rowett bought you to the club, you have already paid back your 1.5 million transfer fee, you have shown passion, strength, desire and great fininishing in the last 4 games, and that goal last night has not been seen since Mr Howard was at the club, I have a dream Jerome to score the winner at Wembley against Villa, you heard it here first , up the Rams.

No point comparing him with Martin, two completely different players.

1.5 million is looking like good value, I'd say his goals in the run in have helped put us in with a good chance of making it.

if we don't go up and if he can put in some performances like he has in recent games then we still have a very useful player for next season!

Archived