Boxing Day Sales

Sith Happens

Do you go? Is it worth it?.

Never been myself, reports people queuing at Next in Intu at 1.30am and 750 there at 6am when it opened.

Must be some real bargains for people to be out and about at that time.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Never been myself, reports people queuing at Next in Intu at 1.30am and 750 there at 6am when it opened.

Suckers, there may be a few bargains to be had but the majority of it is the tat that they couldn't sell for the rest of the year. Cynical is my middle name btw. 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Suckers, there may be a few bargains to be had but the majority of it is the tat that they couldn't sell for the rest of the year. Cynical is my middle name btw. 

That's me too but think people do it year after year so must be something in it.

Or is it the fear factor that people might be missing out on something?

Just now, King Kevin said:

Had a look at the sales on line this morning , unless you are an anorexic dwarf or an over weight giant  not much left to buy .

What about an overweight dwarf? Just thinking billy might get a few bargains.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

That's me too but think people do it year after year so must be something in it.

Or is it the fear factor that people might be missing out on something?

Yeah. The fear of missing out on a £15 pair of shoes that they will never wear. Maybe they will put them on Instagram. See how many likes or whatever it is they get on there.

We're all lemmings. I'd rather spend £15 on a 12 pack of Carlsberg, and family sized pack of Tangy Cheese Doritos and sit in my pants demolishing it all in front of Sky Sports. 

But i am at my in-laws in 54 minutes.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Yeah. The fear of missing out on a £15 pair of shoes that they will never wear. Maybe they will put them on Instagram. See how many likes or whatever it is they get on there.

We're all lemmings. I'd rather spend £15 on a 12 pack of Carlsberg, and family sized pack of Tangy Cheese Doritos and sit in my pants demolishing it all in front of Sky Sports. 

But i am at my in-laws in 54 minutes.

In that case make sure you have your best boxers on.:lol:

48 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

My missus dragged me to Sainsbury’s this morning for a few bits and noticed some half priced food bargains, including Christmas puddings and 2 turkeys for the freezer.

Flippin great, I’m going to be eating mince pies, Christmas pudding and turkey well into February now :(

6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

My missus dragged me to Sainsbury’s this morning for a few bits and noticed some half priced food bargains, including Christmas puddings and 2 turkeys for the freezer.

Flippin great, I’m going to be eating mince pies, Christmas pudding and turkey well into February now :(

That's another thing how come supermarkets can't close for 2 days?

Its not like we don't all know Christmas is coming.

59 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Nah they wheel out the hideous tat from the previous year that no one would touch with a barge pole, depends if you call that getting a bargain or whether you just go to Primark instead 

Archived