Roos joins Plymouth Argyle on loan

Day

KELLE Roos has joined Argyle on an emergency loan - the eighth goalkeeper to be part of the Pilgrims' squad this season. 

The Derby County 'keeper joins on a temporary basis because of an injury picked up by Luke McCormick in training on Thursday. He will be the seventh stopper to play this season, should he be picked on Saturday. 

More: https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/december/roos-that-man/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelle Roos is an interesting one. Looks the part but for me has previously had something lacking in his decision making/concentration levels.

Now too old at 25 for the under 23s and has been out on loan several times.

Looked superb this week in under 23s in his first match back from a recent injury and another loan can only help him.

Are we keeping him as we still see him making the grade or are these shop-window loans? I don't know.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Kelle Roos is an interesting one. Looks the part but for me has previously had something lacking in his decision making/concentration levels.

Now too old at 25 for the under 23s and has been out on loan several times.

Looked superb this week in under 23s in his first match back from a recent injury and another loan can only help him.

Are we keeping him as we still see him making the grade or are these shop-window loans? I don't know.

Agree with you Angie. As I've said before he kind of fills me with more confidence than Mitchell but I'm still not sure about his decision making under pressure. Maybe I'm tainted by Fulham away a couple of seasons back.

On 12/10/2017 at 00:36, Rampant said:

Chucked one in apparently but officials deemed it not to have crossed the line. 

According to Plymouth's forums - after MUCH debate and what seems to be hours of viewing highlights (I don't know where they're getting them from) from different angles they've come to the consensus that it was indeed not over the line. 

The skysports highlights offer no insight mind - just looked like a GK > Post > GK ricochet that he managed to rescue. Many a GK wouldn't.

Fans said he settled after.

The defending in those highlights alone was absolutely shocking. I'd be a nervous GK too.

Archived