U23s v Everton

Day

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished 0-0. There seemed to be a lack of quality tonight - not surprising considering a number of first choice players were missing (presumably they’ll play vs Oldham tomorrow(?)).

Vernam made a few great dribbles and Roos pulled off a number of fantastic saves. A few U18s also featured late on. Besides that, not much to shout about. 

Pleased to see Roos get an outing. Good that, despite being under pressure for long periods, the youth are also learning how to be difficult to beat.

This was the Premier League International Cup (I believe). according to the commentary team the result effectiverly knocks out the (very good) Everton Academy) and our group decider comes down to us needing to beat Dinamo Zagreb U23 in a winner takes all match for a place in the quarter finals.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Pleased to see Roos get an outing. Good that, despite being under pressure for long periods, the youth are also learning how to be difficult to beat.

This was the Premier League International Cup (I believe). according to the commentary team the result effectiverly knocks out the (very good) Everton Academy) and our group decider comes down to us needing to beat Dinamo Zagreb U23 in a winner takes all match for a place in the quarter finals.

I believe we qualify with a draw IF Everton beat Dinamo in the next group game.

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Finished 0-0. There seemed to be a lack of quality tonight - not surprising considering a number of first choice players were missing (presumably they’ll play vs Oldham tomorrow(?)).

Vernam made a few great dribbles and Roos pulled off a number of fantastic saves. A few U18s also featured late on. Besides that, not much to shout about. 

I agree with your assessment. They seemed to be under pressure from a good Everton team for large periods, not helped by some sloppy play and individual errors (although these may have been forced by the quality of the opposition). Some good driving runs from Vernam but lacked the end product last night. 

Archived