The price of football

ossieram

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171

Some of the prices are ridiculous :o

The amount of times you hear about how much money clubs get from TV and the likes and that the fans only contribute a tiny amount to the clubs income, how can clubs like Arsenal justify charging what they do?

Yes there is the supply and demand arguement, but youngsters being priced out of going to the game will not do clubs any favours in the long term, they will find other interests that will keep them busy whilst they are young and will then settle down and have families that will mean they can't afford it or have the time when they are older.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

Just looking at Derby now on there, what's TV Sport Subscription? Can't be RamsTV so I'm guessing it's Sky Sports but then why would that be a cost of following Derby when they include a match ticket in the costings?

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 10.24.33.png

From the BBC website

About the calculator

To work out the individual spend for each user, we asked users what team they followed and the number of games they attended. We assumed that each supporter would buy one programme, one pie and one tea for every game, as well as a replica adult shirt and a TV sports subscription.

The cost of this subscription is an average price of BT Sport and Sky Sports' full Premier League packages, bought directly from BT or Sky, once any promotional deals had been removed. We multiplied a monthly figure of £36 by the nine months that the football season traditionally runs.

hell of an assumption, that.

6 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

From the BBC website

hell of an assumption, that.

Always read the small print right?

Bit naughty really though as that's beyond clubs control, I see they've added it to all clubs even Grimsby Town that I have more chance of appearing on Sky Sports than. 

£567.10 without. 

Half an iPhone X 256GB in real money.

1 hour ago, David said:

Just looking at Derby now on there, what's TV Sport Subscription? Can't be RamsTV so I'm guessing it's Sky Sports but then why would that be a cost of following Derby when they include a match ticket in the costings?

They've been super lazy with it this year in the site - Resource cutting?

Previous years it's given you options for how many of each thing you do per season and therefore gave you a personal cost

On 16/11/2017 at 10:38, David said:

Always read the small print right?

Bit naughty really though as that's beyond clubs control, I see they've added it to all clubs even Grimsby Town that I have more chance of appearing on Sky Sports than. 

£567.10 without. 

Half an iPhone X 256GB in real money.

I'd rather have a Grimsby season ticket. 

Archived