What are the reasons to keep faith in Rowett?

Bris Vegas

Gotta love such a positive post @DerbyRam! 

I specifically asked my other half about Johnson in that role as I wasn't at the match and he said he played alright.

He felt it was more of a team decision to drop in after the goal and it then became much harder for the forward thinking players to get forward, so a collective responsibility rather than picking on individuals.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play every home game like we did v Hull - creative attacking but organized, and win almost all of them , and then play our away games like brentford sitting deeper, and striking teams on the counter and getting mainly positive but mixed results, we'd prob go up automatically. Just sayin. 

#morerthanonewaytoskinacat

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

If we play every home game like we did v Hull - creative attacking but organized, and win almost all of them , and then play our away games like brentford sitting deeper, and striking teams on the counter and getting mainly positive but mixed results, we'd prob go up automatically. Just sayin. 

#morerthanonewaytoskinacat

Hull was a freak game. In terms of general play, they were as good if not better.

We just scored from 2 corners, a freekick, a mistake by their CB.

Hull missed numerous opportunities.

If we played like that everygame we'd probably win one and then lose the next.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Hull was a freak game. In terms of general play, they were as good if not better.

I'd disagree slightly, If we played hull every week I think we would win more than we lose, their team set up and players were as one dimensional and slow as we are, which created massive gaps in midfield for both teams to exploit.  For me we have the better strikers in the teams and that's why we could out on top every time, albeit not by 5.

the problem is that there are not many teams like that, and therefore playing like we did would be very difficult to replicate, hence why only slightly disagreeing as I do believe it was a one off result.

On 27/09/2017 at 09:42, IlsonDerby said:

For me it doesn't show a manager with a coherent plan. 

He should have had a list of midfield engines, he probably did. 

He should never have let Bryson go until we'd brought in a midfield engine. I've been critical of Bryson but if that's what Rowett is looking for then he's the most suited out of those we'd got on our books already. 

I'd have expected Rowett to have had them at least putting in the levels of energy he expects by now... That's worrying that he hasn't been able to get that from them. 

Agree. I would have thought Bryson, with his ability to run, would have been a favourite of Rowett's.

8 hours ago, Harrowram said:

After Saturday we will have played 5 of the top 7 in our first 10 games regardless of the result. Perhaps our form isn't that bad!

It is when GR says we are a top 6 side ,maybe top two with a couple of additions .Clearly we aint good enough in that company.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bris not sure it was a freak game maybe the score not the result By your analogy SheffU beat us by two goalkeeping errors and an own goal But they were the better team as we were against Hull

On 9/27/2017 at 15:55, cheron85 said:

Burnley were joint highest scorers in the league (I think?) the last time they got promoted - And Watford scored a bucketful the season they went up

Correct. Burnley joint top scorers with Brighton - it was Middlesbrough who played the dull as ditchwater football that season and last season in the PL under Karanka.

Archived