Official Derby County iOS & Android App

Day

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Great app. Well done. One thing missing is the option to Chromecast video to TV. Would love that to be added. 

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That's a definite.....and a big oversight for it not to be included yet

I contacted support. They told me EFL restrictions say no casting or streaming to other devices is permitted. This is why there is no chromecast option. 

Seems odd given that you can cast from the website, but that's what they said. 

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I contacted support. They told me EFL restrictions say no casting or streaming to other devices is permitted. This is why there is no chromecast option. 

Seems odd given that you can cast from the website, but that's what they said. 

Of course,it can still be cast to your TV by using the cast screen option but it's not as handy as the dedicated cast button

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Of course,it can still be cast to your TV by using the cast screen option but it's not as handy as the dedicated cast button

I have to do this with my BT Sport app because in-app casting is disabled (as the app's a freebie through my phone account officially just to watch on the phone). The screen casting works perfectly but the downside is that you can't do anything else with your phone during the game. And for that, I have no separate web account from which I can cast in Chrome.

But with RamsTV in the real world, you'd just cast from the laptop instead and free up both laptop and phone for other tasks. Ten seconds of aggravation to watch a match on the big screen.

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

Is this a better option than going through the website, please? I'm not sure if I understand the difference. 

The app is a quicker and easier way of accessing the latest news, Rams TV videos, fixtures and league table.

It only displays the last 20 articles/videos, so if you’re on the hunt for older news or sections such as player highlights/stats on the profile pages you will need to use the website. 

46 minutes ago, angieram said:

Is this a better option than going through the website, please? I'm not sure if I understand the difference. 

Plus for casting the videos or live stream to a bigger screen such as your tv you'll need the website (I think?). Don't ask me how cos I've only done it by using an hdmi lead. I think I may buy a chromecast device and try and discover the joys of big screen viewing soon though - then I'll just need to know how to use it! :)

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Plus for casting the videos or live stream to a bigger screen such as your tv you'll need the website (I think?). Don't ask me how cos I've only done it by using an hdmi lead. I think I may buy a chromecast device and try and discover the joys of big screen viewing soon though - then I'll just need to know how to use it! :)

To be honest,the quality of a Chromecast transmission is as soon as a website,it depends on the output by the company who are producing the show.

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Contacted the developers support re this...the apps are different for apple and android....the option for audio and video streaming appear 30 minutes before the game on android apparently.

That's probably why the Android app crashed when I tried to do that this afternoon. It still recognized my account though.

9 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Probably recycled content from the Preston and Grimsby games but forgot to change the names of the teams and grounds. I have done similar things myself on our company website.

Honestly didn't want to have a dig at the club because the new app looks excellent, but if I've had digs at the DET for similar mistakes it's only right to point it out (although the DET site does seem to have more errors than correct bits of information)

Archived