Wanted, lift back to Loughborough

archram

Anyone going back to Loughborough after the game tomorrow who could give me a lift please? I'm a quiet elderly woman who's no trouble!

I asked on here a couple of years ago and got a lift,  but then my daughter discovered someone living close to her for regular lifts when needed but he's gone on his holidays. (How dare he!)

If necessary I'll catch the train but it goes at 9.38 so I'll miss the end of the game and I have to change at Beeston and it takes an hour. Not too keen on being on my own late evening.

When we play Saturday/Tuesday its too much to come from Bristol to both games so I stay at my daughter's.

Please  pm me if you can help. Even a lift to somewhere closer to Loughborough so I could then get a taxi would be a big help.

Thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @DELI'd checked the buses and the 9.25 is even later than the train. There's a bus and a train at10.25 but I'm not comfortable hanging around on my own at that time of night - would also mean I didn't get back til almost midnight and would be just too tiring.

Hi, We met last season on the platform at Derby station when you were going to your daughters. I got off at East Midlands Parkway. My husband and I are going tomorrow. We will be getting the train from Derby to Long Eaton  after the match (at 10.49) and then driving to Kegworth. I don't mind driving you to Loughborough after that. Realise it's not ideal as you would still be back late. Will PM you my phone number if you want to have a chat. It would be better than nothing  if you get desperate.

37 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I wouldn't get a lift with any of these weirdos.:ph34r:

That's what my daughter says! She doesn't like the idea of me getting in a car with some 'random bloke'! I keep telling her all Derby fans are fine upstanding citizens - I think!

Archived