Jonny Russell

Ramslayer

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Even on Saturday's performance he's our best winger - Or are people REALLY suggesting we should be playing Anya instead?

Weimann was much better than Russell on Saturday, with Lawrence in Russell should be the one to be dropped. That being said, somehow anya was even worse when he came on! We're still in need of another winger.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Weimann was much better than Russell on Saturday, with Lawrence in Russell should be the one to be dropped. That being said, somehow anya was even worse when he came on! We're still in need of another winger.

I thought so too on the day in honesty - Except he wasn't all that effective in the end - Russell was quiet by his standard but covered better (they tore through us on the LHS) and created the better chances with his movement

Personally I'd try and sell before the end of the window, he's in the last year of his contract  and if we're playing him in hope of him finding form from 3 seasons ago, id rather us invest that game time in the development of Bennett.

I think he's been one of our best performers in the opening two games to be honest - that's not a complement, but a sad indictment on the performances of everyone else. 

Weimann looked busier on Saturday, but Russell did the better work. Was far more disciplined defensively than Weimann and it showed. The amount of times Wisdom was left one on one with a defender compared to Forsyth was staggering. 

He'll come good. Like @Alpha regularly says, he's exactly the same player he's always been, it's just that due to the shape of the team and the player behind him, he tends to do it closer to the half way line than the opposition penalty area.

Archived