What next.....are we lacking a european scout?

RamNut

59 minutes ago, RamNut said:

are we lacking a european scout?

I suspect Rowett is looking for players who will slot in right away to the championship and not need time to acclimatise - Bringing in a great winger who takes 6 months to get used to the league isn't any better than bringing through a potential prospect who isn't yet ready

He seems to want players who know the league, know what to expect and are going to hit the ground running as an improvement to our side

Easiest way to do that is obviously getting players who've played in the league already

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We might not have a better squad, but will we have a better team? Maybe yes.

Certaintly not until replace Hughes and Ince with players that do more than those two did.

We were light in quality in midfield even when we got Hughes back from injury last season, we currently have no play maker in the middle at all now.

Ince possible the best winger that was in the championship and we are going to replace him with who?

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

Certaintly not until replace Hughes and Ince with players that do more than those two did.

We were light in quality in midfield even when we got Hughes back from injury last season, we currently have no play maker in the middle at all now.

Ince possible the best winger that was in the championship and we are going to replace him with who?

I think the Hughes loss is a bigger loss long term - But much less short term - Think Huddlestone has been brought in as the playmaker and Thorne can do it if he's ever back to fitness - Rowett obviously sees that role being a deeper role where (I feel) Hughes was always wasted

Ince would be a great addition to any formation IMO - So yeh - Still need to bring someone in to replace him

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I thought when we let Hughes and Ince go we were going to bring in replacements as good as those two players.

I would have thought we would have sorted out the replacements before we let the best two players go.

There is still time left, but I am not sure we will have a better team come September 1st than we had last season.

What would be the point in getting direct replacements for Hughes and Ince when it looks like Rowett wants us to play in a way that suited neither of them players?

28 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Just out of interest who was bald eagles Euro scout. Is he still available?

I was about to say the same thing. What were we doing right then that we're not going anymore. We had gems from Croatia, Costa Rica, holland, Italy, Denmark and wherever ron Willems was from. All willing to play for a fairly mediocre second tier club. So what changed?

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

The only interesting thing is that Rowett made a point in the fan sessions towards the end of last season saying you find a better bargain in the foreign leagues. The fact Brighton have just signed a Dutch International for a feee considerably cheaper than what we are looking to pay for Lawrence is again evidence of this. (I'm not saying we'd sign the Dutch guy before anyone says anything!)

Just another slightly bizarre comment from Rowett when there is zero evidence of him following through with it.

I'm sure I've also heard him say those markets aren't as productive now,and that you're possibly only giving one half of the story?

Actually,I think he possibly said those markets were more difficult now,and it wasn't as easy to find bargains.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

What would be the point in getting direct replacements for Hughes and Ince when it looks like Rowett wants us to play in a way that suited neither of them players?

are you suggesting we are all going to get neck ache at pride park?

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

are you suggesting we are all going to get neck ache at pride park?

I hope not.

I'm suggesting that Rowett will not want tippy tappy football in the middle of the park.

Huddlestone will clearly be our main weapon for moving the ball quickly.

He will be looking for the ball played in front of his wingers rather than to their feet facing their own goal.

That's why I think Hughes and Ince are no great loss if that is how we are going to play.

1 hour ago, ramblur said:

I'm sure I've also heard him say those markets aren't as productive now,and that you're possibly only giving one half of the story?

Actually,I think he possibly said those markets were more difficult now,and it wasn't as easy to find bargains.

Yeh! The only bargins were Ince and Hughes! Im holding Rowett to His word! I expect better in to replace them

7 minutes ago, Budgie895 said:

Yeh! The only bargins were Ince and Hughes! Im holding Rowett to His word! I expect better in to replace them

In what way were Ince and Hughes bargains?

First of all what were the fees, how were they set up and what clauses were in the sales?

Secondly, can you provide a list of comparable sales from other clubs, along with fees, to show how they were bargains. 

Finally, what word are you holding Rowett to? The one where he said he would look for a very, very high quality replacement I assume? 

Is Huddlestone not better than Hughes in terms of how we intend to play and also what he has achieved in the game so far?

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In what way were Ince and Hughes bargains?

First of all what were the fees, how were they set up and what clauses were in the sales?

Secondly, can you provide a list of comparable sales from other clubs, along with fees, to show how they were bargains. 

Finally, what word are you holding Rowett to? The one where he said he would look for a very, very high quality replacement I assume? 

Is Huddlestone not better than Hughes in terms of how we intend to play and also what he has achieved in the game so far?

K*n Hell! Im at a pool side in Egypt with a skinfull of Rum and coke you need to get a life! ! As for the contract agreements I dont give a flying! Look when We sold Huddlestone with the add ons! Did that benefit us?I agree that Huddlestone is a better replacement for the lightweight Hughes! But Ince was the only player who you ever thought at any one time could change a game! Huddkestone acheived? What He has brought after  one game? Will He stay fit? Dont think so! 

8 minutes ago, Budgie895 said:

K*n Hell! Im at a pool side in Egypt with a skinfull of Rum and coke you need to get a life! ! As for the contract agreements I dont give a flying! Look when We sold Huddlestone with the add ons! Did that benefit us?I agree that Huddlestone is a better replacement for the lightweight Hughes! But Ince was the only player who you ever thought at any one time could change a game! Huddkestone acheived? What He has brought after  one game? Will He stay fit? Dont think so! 

Huddlestone has played over 200 games in the Premier League, played in the Champions League and represented his country.

In his one game for Derby he played a peach of a pass to Russell which led to the goal.

Think you should lay off the rum.

If you don't give a f**k about the contract agreements why are you banging on about them being a bargain?

Non-starter now, thanks to the Brexiteers.

After 2019, they will be subject to the same rules as other countries, i.e. they will have to be internationals having played a certain number of games for their country. No more will we see the likes of Mikkel Beck, Vassili Borbokis, Marino Rahmberg and Tomasz Hajto.

See? Every cloud has a silver lining if you look hard enough for it.

Archived