Migraines

Day

Migraine Poll  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, David said:

Because he's a hypochondriac that's been there done that, got the t shirt with anything you can find on the NHS website.

Thrush? Had that yeah, couldn't walk for a week, went to the doctors and gave me some pills for it, said it was because I had diabetes and I ate too many mars bars, the chocolate also triggered my IBS which left me constipated for a week, didn't drink enough which then gave me a migraine cos of the heat.

Day in the life of Alex. 

Here's my crippling ailments list:

Migraines/Headaches (I'd consider these routine, most of us suffer, very big difference in the two) 

Coeliac/Lactose/Acid Reflux/Ibs - My stomach is f****d. Lactose came with the coeliac, Ibs and acid can trigger each other, I think anxiety caused my ibs when I had a massive attack three years ago. I pay attention to the coeliac and acid, ignore the other two. I have cheese and a can of coke with my meal every weekday dinner and just carry on, if not I'll never eat. 

I also have essential tremor which is an area but certainly doesn't hold me back in any way. Beyond that I'm fine. I do have visual snow which is annoying but that's hardly an issue. 

So really, I suffer bad migraines and my stomach is buggered. David and Scott told me to 'man up' and that my mind would process the gluten, to just get it down me and stop Birchington.  You two would've enjoyed Glenn Hoddle as England manager with that kind of 'positive thinking' medical advice. 

David hasn't touched alcohol in months for fear of a few tummy rumbles, I had a double cheese hamburger on Sunday with two gluten free beers and tons of coke which my stomach hates. This is just a hate campaign #Justice4TheW

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Alex W said:

Here's my crippling ailments list:

Migraines/Headaches (I'd consider these routine, most of us suffer, very big difference in the two) 

Coeliac/Lactose/Acid Reflux/Ibs - My stomach is f****d. Lactose came with the coeliac, Ibs and acid can trigger each other, I think anxiety caused my ibs when I had a massive attack three years ago. I pay attention to the coeliac and acid, ignore the other two. I have cheese and a can of coke with my meal every weekday dinner and just carry on, if not I'll never eat. 

I also have essential tremor which is an area but certainly doesn't hold me back in any way. Beyond that I'm fine. I do have visual snow which is annoying but that's hardly an issue. 

So really, I suffer bad migraines and my stomach is buggered. David and Scott told me to 'man up' and that my mind would process the gluten, to just get it down me and stop Birchington.  You two would've enjoyed Glenn Hoddle as England manager with that kind of 'positive thinking' medical advice. 

David hasn't touched alcohol in months for fear of a few tummy rumbles, I had a double cheese hamburger on Sunday with two gluten free beers and tons of coke which my stomach hates. This is just a hate campaign #Justice4TheW

I'd guess 99% of migraines are just headaches. 

My partner suffers from severe stabbing pains, hours of sickness, coordination problems and then can sleep for up to 24 hours. The next day can only be described like a cross between drunkenness, brain fog and a debilitating hang over. Other than that she has no health problems. 

It makes me angry when someone at work says they have one unless they are collapsed under the desk curled into a ball. Same as the 'flu'....it's a cold you knobsack!

Also, for anyone that is interested, after having approx 1 per month for 15 years, a bizarre cure has got rid of it for the last 12 months. 

A daith piercing ( inner ear). Odd I know. 

5 minutes ago, R@M said:

I'd guess 99% of migraines are just headaches. 

My partner suffers from severe stabbing pains, hours of sickness, coordination problems and then can sleep for up to 24 hours. The next day can only be described like a cross between drunkenness, brain fog and a debilitating hang over. Other than that she has no health problems. 

It makes me angry when someone at work says they have one unless they are collapsed under the desk curled into a ball. Same as the 'flu'....it's a cold you knobsack!

Absolutely - a headache is something that causes mild annoyance but you just get on with your day. Migraine for me is - don't talk to me, don't touch me, turn the light off and leave me alone for 24 hours - I simply cannot function or interact with othr humans because my head is caving in

Or it was until I got the prescription

10 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Absolutely - a headache is something that causes mild annoyance but you just get on with your day. Migraine for me is - don't talk to me, don't touch me, turn the light off and leave me alone for 24 hours - I simply cannot function or interact with othr humans because my head is caving in

Or it was until I got the prescription

Sounds strange but try my above suggestion. It is discrete!!!! And only costs about £25. I know a few people including a nurse and Dr that swear it works.  And no, I don't own a tattoo/piercing parlour!

On 16/07/2017 at 17:30, Paul71 said:

I get occular migraines...now they are fun.

I get those too, they're a bit trippy! Mine start with catching the light wrong, I get a 'shimmer' effect front and centre & can't focus on anything, slowly the shimmering effect disperses from the centre towards and around the edges.

I don't get any associated headaches though, and it's usually done with within half an hour, so it's an occasional (once every 4 months or so) painless nuissance more than anything

52 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I get those too, they're a bit trippy! Mine start with catching the light wrong, I get a 'shimmer' effect front and centre & can't focus on anything, slowly the shimmering effect disperses from the centre towards and around the edges.

I don't get any associated headaches though, and it's usually done with within half an hour, so it's an occasional (once every 4 months or so) painless nuissance more than anything

I haven't had one like that for a while, but mine then passed to a really deep stabbing pain behind the eye followed by vomiting. The only thing that would take it away was to sleep for about 12 hours.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

My symptoms exactly, have to sort of focus on things without looking directly at them because of the blurred vision, usually clears in a couple of hours, annoying ailment that randomly occurs once or twice a year

10 minutes ago, mozza said:

My symptoms exactly, have to sort of focus on things without looking directly at them because of the blurred vision, usually clears in a couple of hours, annoying ailment that randomly occurs once or twice a year

How many pints you had before this blurred vision occurs?

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Coconut said:

Thats exactly it, sometimes after i have like a 'dull' headache. Usually i can associate getting one with fatigue, made worse by caffeine.

Archived