Calum MacDonald

DEL

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's only having a laugh DEL but you're right he looked very good tonight. Shame for him that we have 3 left backs ahead of him.

I could potentially see a future for him as a midfielder because he looks good on the ball but no clear burst of acceleration. The left side of a 4-3-3 in the midfield 3 would be perfect for him.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Put in a great cross. 

I could see him leapfrogging lowe if the latter keeps breaking down.

But anyone know why forsyth not played at LB?

Shortage of centre half's, no Rawson, is he injured? Can't remember seeing anything about an injury?

Let's not get carried away. How many young players have we had look good for a game?

Callum Ball, anyone? Mason Bennett, anyone?

When we have a step up in quality and he still looks calm and collected, then let's lavish praise on the lad.

I don't think he did anything out of the ordinary. It's the kind of performance you would expect from a young player playing for a Championship club against massively inferior opposition.

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Let's not get carried away. How many young players have we had look good for a game?

When we have a step up in quality and he still looks calm and collected, then let's lavish praise on the lad.

I don't think he did anything out of the ordinary. It's the kind of performance you would expect from a young player playing for a Championship club against massively inferior opposition.

Carried away? Us lot??

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Put in a great cross. 

I could see him leapfrogging lowe if the latter keeps breaking down.

But anyone know why forsyth not played at LB?

My guess would be combo of lack of proper CB and MacDonald's progress.

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I don't think I am getting carried away when I say that I have no doubt he will be better than Roberto Carlos.

The lad has the luxury of 3 left backs ahead of him in the pecking order , it will mean there is less pressure on him while he learns his craft and develops as a player. I presume that if fozzy and lowe can remain fit we might sell olssen in january and that will give macdonald some more appearances on the bench. Either way he should have a bright future if managed carefully.

Archived