Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

We've offered £8 million but Leicester are holding out for £12 million 

I know as much as (nearly) anyone on this form 

£8 million or even £12 million it's too much money for him, he's not worth that much. He has only one decent season behind him, it's pure robbery. They are so many better players out there for the same money, but they are not necessarily residing in UK. 

Just now, lioncoeur said:

£8 million or even £12 million it's too much money for him, he's not worth that much. He has only one decent season behind him, it's pure robbery. They are so many better players out there for the same money, but they are not necessarily residing in UK. 

Abdoul Camara?

There's a winger playing for Guingamp that's worth a punt

I must have missed us paying £8m for Abdoul Camera, could have swore it was a 500k shot to nothing.

Have some b******* people, we'll either get who we want now, or keep our powder dry for the January window, or even keep it for the League One campaign to follow.

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I must have missed us paying £8m for Abdoul Camera, could have swore it was a 500k shot to nothing

Was being facetious however if there are better players than that on the continent then why are we intent on over paying on a British player 

13 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Abdoul Camara?

Abdoul Camara known also as Razza was a real failure. Undoubtedly. 

But so many other players are transferred each year to UK from France, Spain, Italy, Germany or The Netherlands, why can't Derby find one single gem, I can't get it.

Raul Albentossa, Emanuel Villa, Aleksandar Prijović... etc. are all the examples of such a failed transfers in the past.

The other football clubs are probably doing better scouting I suppose.

We have our record signing ,,, repeat record signing struggling to to get a game ,, jeez at times he's struggled to get a place on the bench??? ,,, I'm like everybody else I want to see us bringing talent into the club , I get impatient and I've kind of bought into buying Lawrence although I know he's had one good season ,,,but I will temper that against the certainty that we NEED to stop paying way over the odds for players that get here and turn out to be nowhere near the player that the price tag promises ,

if Brighton are paying 8 mill they can have him ,, 4 mil tops from us and if not move on 

Abdoul Camara known also as Razza was a real failure. Undoubtedly. 

But so many other players are transferred each year to UK from France, Spain, Italy, Germany or The Netherlands, why can't Derby find one single gem, I can't get it.

Raul Albentossa, Emanuel Villa, Aleksandar Prijović... etc. are all the examples of such transfers in the past.

The other football clubs are probably doing better scouting I suppose.

We need our Riyad Mahrez. Didn't Leicester pay around 500k for him? Now Roma can't get him for £30M!

24 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

:whistle:We have good quality targets miss out and buy second rate it's the Derby way.

We've got a chairman who spent 50 million of his own money in three years backing a series of managers, and he doesn't get any thanks.

THAT's the Derby way.

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Was being facetious however if there are better players than that on the continent then why are we intent on over paying on an English player 

I guess it depends on how much Gary trusts our overseas scouting.

Certain clubs seem to be able to bring in decent players at a far lower price than domestic ones, on a fairly regular basis, I'd suggest we're not one of them.

Then again, we've yet to see us bring in a domestic player who's set the world alight either, apart from Ince who was a no brainer after his initial loan.

I don't know if anything has changed personnel wise in the scouting dept since Rowetts arrival, but I certainly hope so.

Just now, eddie said:

We've got a chairman who spent 50 million of his own money in three years backing a series of managers, and he doesn't get any thanks.

THAT's the Derby way.

Don't think anyone's blaming Mel here. It's not his fault but most of the signings from that £50M haven't made us any better.

23 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We said that when burnley 'over paid' for Andre Grey. We had a lucky escape derby fans were saying.

Sometimes you need to spend big like Boro are currently doing if you want to get to the promised land. You might get the occasional flop but high risk=high reward. Our more recent expensive signings have been bought as panic buys at the end of the window because we had no-one else in, when earlier on in the window it would have got us an even higher calibure of player

Just now, McLovin said:

Sometimes you need to spend big like Boro are currently doing if you want to get to the promised land. You might get the occasional flop but high risk=high reward. Our more recent expensive signings have been bought as panic buys at the end of the window because we had no-one else in, when earlier on in the window it would have got us an even higher calibure of player

Exactly. Although we've spent big the last few seasons, we've been crying out for someone like Gray or Assombalonga that could push us that one step further.

I don't see what the problem is I've read articles saying that even if Huddersfield get relegated they will get £100million plus another £85 million in parachute payments. And we're quibbling over a few million quid for Lawrence. Pennywise pound foolish.  

Archived