Jim smith or tommy doc

archied

Personally i was happy when rowett was appointed and still am though tinged with a bit of a wary feeling as things are developing ,, kind of feels this could go either way ,,, he could be the new Jim smith selling fans favs but did a fantastic job bringing in the right replacements and building a very good team ,,or he could be the new tommy doc selling fan favs and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rowett ,, eagle or doc?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, archied said:

Personally i was happy when rowett was appointed and still am though tinged with a bit of a wary feeling as things are developing ,, kind of feels this could go either way ,,, he could be the new Jim smith selling fans favs but did a fantastic job bringing in the right replacements and building a very good team ,,or he could be the new tommy doc selling fan favs and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rowett ,, eagle or doc?

Pearson maybe?

52 minutes ago, archied said:

rowett ,, eagle or doc?

There's a big difference between tearing up a team of champions and tearing up the 9th place Div 2 team.

The start point is a whole lot like it was under Jim so let's hope the end point is too!

The REALISTIC worse case scenario is Rowett turns a mid-table championship team into another mid-table championship team.

Change is gonna come.

49 minutes ago, ossieram said:

He could be Gary Rowett and do things completely different from any previous manager.

Win? And stay in the top league?

(I won't say win the top league, I'm not stupid? Or am I?"

After much thought the conclusion I come to is we fans and the owner have no choice but to trust someone to manage the club and build the team ,, I have seen people in the Hughes thread question why we should trust rowett , we brought Pearson in and very quickly decided we could nt trust him so we had a half job ,, we can't get a Jose or a Klopp proven level so at some point we have to pick our gut feel choice then trust them to see the job through so rowett it is for me

There is no comparison with jim smith.

jim smith was imaginative and brought in flair players 

whats rowett done to deserve that comparison?

He is going to reverse a trend ...

we will start slowly, there will be grumbles and complaints, Mel will that nervous twitch,  then suddenly after Christmas we will sweep all before us and head to the sunlit uplands 

2 hours ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Signing Davies and Wisdom for 3mil is equal to signing Vydra and Anya for 12mil?

Ditching martin = ditching hughes

removing a key player in order to show everyone who is boss

lets wait and see whether the rumours about keogh and ince have substance, and whether davies and wisdom are improvements.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

There is no comparison with jim smith.

whats rowett done to deserve that comparison?

Sean Flynn? Gary Rowett? Robbie VDL? Daryl Powell? Glyn Hodges? Ashley Ward? Chris Powell? :blink:

I'll give you Igor & Ron Willems.

The flair arrived when we reached the Premier League NOT when we were trying to get promoted. Don't re-write history to suit an argument pal.

On 22 June 2017 at 08:11, Saul Pimpson said:

Sean Flynn? Gary Rowett? Robbie VDL? Daryl Powell? Glyn Hodges? Ashley Ward? Chris Powell? :blink:

The flair arrived when we reached the Premier League NOT when we were trying to get promoted. Don't re-write history to suit an argument pal.

Well done.

i think you'll find that Igor was slightly more influential than sean flynn.

On 6/22/2017 at 03:30, RamNut said:

On 6/22/2017 at 08:11, Saul Pimpson said:

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Well done.

i think you'll find that Igor was slightly more influential than sean flynn

Which bit about my reply do you not understand?

Archived