U21 Championship 2017

Day

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

It is both baffling and worrying that Will isn't getting into this team.  Do we just rate him too highly? I personally don't think so, but a few managers don't seem to fancy him that much.  I'll say it again; baffling.

We do rate him but he was poor last season. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hardly 'regardless' - he's there in the squad and not being picked. The midfield looked appalling (as was the team's general play).

It's embarrassing if anyone thinks that's good enough or the way to play.

By saying 'regardless' I was trying to take out any bias. As a Rams fan then in that team he should have been a certainty to start, particularly following his performances in the build up matches

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

By saying 'regardless' I was trying to take out any bias. As a Rams fan then in that team he should have been a certainty to start, particularly following his performances in the build up matches

And by saying how appalling the midfield was I was taking out any bias. :D Anyway Boothroyd is the future not Hughes!

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Time to appoint simo as u21 boss, he would get the team selection right.

Gotta feel sorry for them, you can see they want to do well. Want to succeed but they're stuck with the U21 equivalent of Pearson!

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hardly 'regardless' - he's there in the squad and not being picked. The midfield looked appalling (as was the team's general play).

It's embarrassing if anyone thinks that's good enough or the way to play.

Worryingly Boothroyd thought it was a great performance - picked out Redmond and Chalobah as two of the best players. Now they both improved slightly over the first game, but it seems that Boothroyd has very low expectations of the team if he's satisfied with that performance...

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Worryingly Boothroyd thought it was a great performance - picked out Redmond and Chalobah as two of the best players. Now they both improved slightly over the first game, but it seems that Boothroyd has very low expectations of the team if he's satisfied with that performance...

Oh FFS. Neither Chalobah nor Baker nor Ward-Prowse (bar his one long pass) made much of a contribution. Never been a great Redmond fan, but at least he did his bit. Having watched the other group games - and we seem to be in the easiest group - I can't see much hope for us.

Did you watch the U20s? It was as different an English display as could be imagined, got to feel sorry for any of them ending up in the U21s under Boothroyd!

Redmond's a weird one - when he was young and fairly unknown, he looked great for the U21s - since he's become higher profile, he seems to spend far too much time moaning (to officials and his team-mates) - almost as if being a PL player has gone to his head and he's now too self-important to play with the 'kids'....

I'm also getting increasingly naffed off with the Sky commentator - constantly praising the Chelsea players (for doing very little) and repeating comments like "the team are suffering from the same issue as the seniors - a lack of quality in the middle of the park" - well they have the quality, but he's sitting on the bench because he wears the wrong domestic shirt and the manager hasn't got the balls to pick him ahead of the high-profile 'stars'.....

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh FFS. Neither Chalobah nor Baker nor Ward-Prowse (bar his one long pass) made much of a contribution. Never been a great Redmond fan, but at least he did his bit. Having watched the other group games - and we seem to be in the easiest group - I can't see much hope for us.

Did you watch the U20s? It was as different an English display as could be imagined, got to feel sorry for any of them ending up in the U21s under Boothroyd!

It cannot be hugely inspiring for some of the EPL players though, going from playing for someone with nouse like Puel, or Conti, to just trying to kill the game under a has been like Boothroyd or Southgate. Should be proud to wear the shirt but must feel very hopeless at times.

7 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

It cannot be hugely inspiring for some of the EPL players though, going from playing for someone with nouse like Puel, or Conti, to just trying to kill the game under a has been like Boothroyd or Southgate. Should be proud to wear the shirt but must feel very hopeless at times.

I agree entirely and said similar in another post. They all went over there after the U20s great success, they were so positive and ambitious and then they get Boothroyd! In yesterday's game I was amused to see poor Tammy Abraham doing a Chrissy - he was throwing his arms about and looking downcast, they could be twins!

Archived