Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

They will also have to wait for the heat wave to pass. No way Milky Will can travel as far south as Watford in this weather. He has to stay indoors until the sun goes down

Ah,we've got the Derby Way and the Milky Way.Where's Sagan when you need him. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

yeah - I'm talking about selling players though. I won't argue the case against bad buys!

Since Rush started at the club, name one decent player that we have sold on the cheap..

Jamie Ward

Simon Dawkins

John Brayford

Jake Buxton

Chris Martin 

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Brayford left in August 2014. Rush joined September 2012.

Wow fair enough - I hadn't realised Rush had been around for that long - And to be fair that Brayford had left so recently

Also 2013 not 2014

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Oh - when did we sell Martin?

Though Stive was asking when we ever got a bad deal when get rid of a player. 

Loaning out Martin was the worst deal possible. We didn't get the full value of a sale and we lost his services for a year. Awful deal, whichever way you look at it.

16 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah I don't think we're ever going to look back on this and feel happy about swapping Will for Anya + £4m.

It takes me back to junior school when I had a swap of the FA Cup Panini sticker and I was hoping to swap it for a massive wedge of stickers - but some older kid basically bullied me into swapping it for a foil Celtic badge and some random player. Tosser.

Hold on, hold on, hold on! Why the chuff would there even BE a Celtic badge in an FA Cup sticker album? Or is that the point?

8 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Any chance will stays?:(

He's not gone yet, so he's still one of us. We could have changed our minds in the accepted value or We may even be trying to open up a bidding war.

I find it strange that we've kept most deals under the radar but this one is being screamed from the rough tops. 

Drumming up interested possibly or misdirection that we are selling someone else. 

Maybe ?

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

yeah - I'm talking about selling players though. I won't argue the case against bad buys!

Since Rush started at the club, name one decent player that we have sold on the cheap..

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Jamie Ward    ------------Injury prone

Simon Dawkins----------Not a decent player (IMO)

John Brayford-----------Pre Rush

Jake Buxton-------------I'll give you that one

Chris Martin-------------Not sold

2 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Just seen something on twitter about Bournemouth preparing to hijack deal.

I'd take Ibe involved in a deal got to be better than what we're getting from Watford!

At £4.5m I'm a little surprised we haven't had more teams coming in for him

31 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Jamie Ward    ------------Injury prone

Simon Dawkins----------Not a decent player (IMO)

John Brayford-----------Pre Rush

Jake Buxton-------------I'll give you that one

Chris Martin-------------Not sold

We'll have to disagree on the first two I suspect.

However, Brayford was definitely sold when Rush was here. He was sold the summer before Clough was sacked and Rush had been here nearly a year by that point. 

Martin was a poor deal. We didn't sell him and capitalise on how much money he was worth and we didn't keep him so we could use him. Instead we loaned him out to a fellow promotion contender. Awful business. 

Archived