Forum lick of paint

LesterRam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Have we had a lick of paint?

19 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Warning don't lick paint it contains lead and it can send you mad.

Too late for me, just letting others know of the dangers.

After reading other forum members posts, I fear my warning came to late.

26 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

anybody else struggle with the logo resize on certain browsers, H1 tag maybe?

No H1 tags on the logo, let me nip to Tesco and buy a potato to check, what you using a King Edward or Kennebec?

2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I'm using a Kindle, its the black one :ph34r:

Does that thing take screenshots, I refuse to buy one to check due to the working conditions Amazon staff are forced to work under. I have morales you know.

I meant a full screenshot of what the site looks like. The logo is 2x for high res screens, it should only display at 260px x 70px which has been set in the CSS. If you upload just a 260px x 70px image it will look blurry on modern screens. Can have that tip for free.

Try now potato man, I've added just for you and your Kindle homies

@media amzn-kf8 {
    /* CSS for KF8 devices */
    #elLogo img {margin: 10px 0 5px 0; width 260px; height: 70px;}
    .ipsItemStatus {width: 40px;}
}

@media amzn-mobi7 {
    /* CSS for Mobi7 devices */
    #elLogo img {margin: 10px 0 5px 0; width 260px; height: 70px;}
    .ipsItemStatus {width: 40px;}
}

17 minutes ago, David said:

I meant a full screenshot of what the site looks like. The logo is 2x for high res screens, it should only display at 260px x 70px which has been set in the CSS. If you upload just a 260px x 70px image it will look blurry on modern screens. Can have that tip for free.

no, I cant catch it in time sweety, that 2x modifier is for Apple products but it throws my poor ickle Kindle, even the rams head on the threads goes awol until it resolves (3-4 seconds), I will struggle through like a brave little soldier :(

oh let me check it, the battery is dead....

5 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

no, I cant catch it in time sweety, that 2x modifier is for Apple products but it throws my poor ickle Kindle, even the rams head on the threads goes awol until it resolves (3-4 seconds), I will struggle through like a brave little soldier :(

oh let me check it, the battery is dead....

When you say catch it does that mean on initial load it's large but then shrinks down to 270px after a second or two?

The 2x modifier doesn't just work on Apple products.

19 minutes ago, David said:

When you say catch it does that mean on initial load it's large but then shrinks down to 270px after a second or two?

The 2x modifier doesn't just work on Apple products.

Yes that's its problem, for some reason on initial load its not picking up the cascading sheeting and the image looms large, sometimes the image stays large until I click through, don't worry about it...

Just now, LesterRam said:

Yes that's its problem, for some reason on initial load its not picking up the cascading sheeting and the image looms large, sometimes the image stays large until I click through, don't worry about it...

Try scrubbing the potato's history off if it can and see if it's any different, tried max width, shouldn't be ignoring that. 

Archived