Rooney to Celtic?

oomarkwright

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Cant see it, if money is the driving factor he will go to china, if football is the driving factor...everton.

16 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Cant see it, if money is the driving factor he will go to china, if football is the driving factor...everton.

This. 

Never been the same since he transplanted pubic hair onto his bald patch and injected his forehead with gel.

I hope he doesn't go to China or the MLS. Celtic wouldn't be a bad idea at all though, whilst he could easily do a job for Everton, he could go up there and bow out with glory at Celtic not a fat cheque, sat with their fans once to watch a game up there. Sure he's spoke of a soft spot before. 

Be interesting to see what he has planned for after retirement, can't see him in a TV studio or training pitch for that matter.

Thinking of Rooney's retirement is making me feel old now, super old.

13 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Didn't work out for Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Ian Wright.

Roy Keane fell out with his team mates as he does, Ian Wright suffered as John Barnes was a crap manager, fans got on his back. Robbie Keane did alright tho, was only there a few months on loan but won fans player of the year, wanted to keep him but went to West Ham on loan instead

15 minutes ago, David said:

Roy Keane fell out with his team mates as he does, Ian Wright suffered as John Barnes was a crap manager, fans got on his back. Robbie Keane did alright tho, was only there a few months on loan but won fans player of the year, wanted to keep him but went to West Ham on loan instead

All heralded as too good for Scottish football but they didn't turn out as good as people thought.

I very much doubt Celtic will look to get Rooney in, they would baulk at even £30k per week. 

I'm anti Celtic tonight, it's part of the preparation for the game tomorrow. 

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, David said:

I hope he doesn't go to China or the MLS. Celtic wouldn't be a bad idea at all though, whilst he could easily do a job for Everton, he could go up there and bow out with glory at Celtic not a fat cheque, sat with their fans once to watch a game up there. Sure he's spoke of a soft spot before. 

Be interesting to see what he has planned for after retirement, can't see him in a TV studio or training pitch for that matter.

Thinking of Rooney's retirement is making me feel old now, super old.

I have always thought that about him after hes retired, what will he do? He certainly comes across far better now than he did when you hear him talk, but i just dont see him being a pundit or whatever, but to be fair when you watch some of them that are they speak in such a monotone way maybe he could do it. If Roy Keane can do it then who knows? Everytime i see him doing punditry I want to hurl a brick through the screen.

Rooney is someone i have warmed too as his career has gone on so i hope he does find himself the right job to do, hope he has his head screwed on and doesnt do a gazza.

13 minutes ago, David said:

I bet Shearer would argue Rooney is more than fit to lace his boots

Total Goals

Rooney - 53
Shearer - 30

World Cup Goals

Rooney - 17
Shearer - 8

European Championship Goals

Rooney - 20
Shearer - 13

Shearer speaking: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34162692

Premiership Goals 

Shearer - 260 

rooney - 198 

Shearer in far less games. Shearer with  a goals to games ration of 0.66 per game. Rooney's average is 2.6 games per goal. Shearer consistsnly has 30 goals or more in pretty much every season he has played. 

Id rather have a prime shearer over a prime rooney any day. 

Saying not fit to lace his boots might have been a bit far & he was class in his prime but i dont think he's the best english striker ever. Shearer is better in my opinion. Fowler was probably a better finisher & is very underrated & a fully fit owen was better up top

3 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Premiership Goals 

Shearer - 260 

rooney - 198 

Shearer in far less games. Shearer with  a goals to games ration of 0.66 per game. Rooney's average is 2.6 games per goal. Shearer consistsnly has 30 goals or more in pretty much every season he has played. 

Id rather have a prime shearer over a prime rooney any day. 

Saying not fit to lace his boots might have been a bit far & he was class in his prime but i dont think he's the best english striker ever. Shearer is better in my opinion. Fowler was probably a better finisher & is very underrated & a fully fit owen was better up top

Ahhh, I thought we was talking about English as in England

Archived