oomarkwright

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Premiership Goals 

Shearer - 260 

rooney - 198 

Shearer in far less games. Shearer with  a goals to games ration of 0.66 per game. Rooney's average is 2.6 games per goal. Shearer consistsnly has 30 goals or more in pretty much every season he has played. 

Id rather have a prime shearer over a prime rooney any day. 

Saying not fit to lace his boots might have been a bit far & he was class in his prime but i dont think he's the best english striker ever. Shearer is better in my opinion. Fowler was probably a better finisher & is very underrated & a fully fit owen was better up top

And if you actually go back and watch some of those games shearer scored all his goals in the standard of defending was absolutely comical.

rooney is the greatest...he has scored more goals....AND he didn't bottle signing for a big club like Shearer did. 

To be honest I'm not saying Shearer was overrated, but he thrived in a time when the pace of the PL was much lower and the standard of defending (tactical and physical) was of a much less quality.

I don't think prime Shearer would get a starting place in any of the top six right now. Kane seems a more mobile version of him, though perhaps not as good in the air.

Rooney IMO is the greatest English striker of my generation at least. Though I'm not sure whether that is a compliment of Rooney or a dig at the lack of real world class English strikers over the past 30 years.

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

To be honest I'm not saying Shearer was overrated, but he thrived in a time when the pace of the PL was much lower and the standard of defending (tactical and physical) was of a much less quality.

I don't think prime Shearer would get a starting place in any of the top six right now. Kane seems a more mobile version of him, though perhaps not as good in the air.

Rooney IMO is the greatest English striker of my generation at least. Though I'm not sure whether that is a compliment of Rooney or a dig at the lack of real world class English strikers over the past 30 years.

Rooney is ok but he's no Chris Martin.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think there was probably a better pool of England strikers back when shearer was playing. 

Fowler, Wright, Cole, sherringham and Ferdinand

On 26 May 2017 at 22:00, David said:

Celtic wouldn't be a bad idea at all though, whilst he could easily do a job for Everton, he could go up there and bow out with glory at Celtic not a fat cheque,

Where's the glory in that?

One horse race

Sith Happens
14 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

And if you actually go back and watch some of those games shearer scored all his goals in the standard of defending was absolutely comical.

rooney is the greatest...he has scored more goals....AND he didn't bottle signing for a big club like Shearer did. 

Add to the fact he has a lot more assists than shearer too.

Archived