So now he knows

archied

We have gone from being everyones 2nd team (playoff final team under SM) to being everyones "I hope those bunch of ***** get beat". 

Time to remove those *****. I have zero "please don't get rid" attitude towards any of our lot. GR can sell the lot, nothing endearing about any of them. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it's recruitment over the past 4 seasons. The idea I think is simple in theory: we add 1 or 2 premier quality players each season, and get rid of those that fall short, so after 4 seasons we should in theory have 8 premier league quality players. How many of this lot would get into a premier league team? That's the yardstick. 

9 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

GR needs to take some flak for today. Wrong formation, wrong players. It's not worked for the last 2 games, we got lucky and yet he fielded the same team and kept the 433. 

Should have kept it 4231, should have kept Vydra and nugent playing together. 

I was at the game yesterday and commented to my mate about GR playing 433 instead of 4231. We were overwhelmed in midfield, with Butterfield utterly ineffective and looked toothless up front, very much like under SM a few weeks ago. At the back we just let their best players run into our box at will - Olsen in particular was awful, and overall we were made to look clueless and one dimensional. Let's be honest, Brentford have two half decent players, but we made them look like world beaters yesterday. For me it was a real wake up call for GR; he got the tactics badly wrong yesterday and I hope he has seen that a number of these players have to go before we can mount a real promotion challenge. 

I cant ******* wait for this godawful season to end!

27 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I was at the game yesterday and commented to my mate about GR playing 433 instead of 4231. We were overwhelmed in midfield, with Butterfield utterly ineffective and looked toothless up front, very much like under SM a few weeks ago. At the back we just let their best players run into our box at will - Olsen in particular was awful, and overall we were made to look clueless and one dimensional. Let's be honest, Brentford have two half decent players, but we made them look like world beaters yesterday. For me it was a real wake up call for GR; he got the tactics badly wrong yesterday and I hope he has seen that a number of these players have to go before we can mount a real promotion challenge. 

I cant ******* wait for this godawful season to end!

Same as Leeds did then because they lost 2-0 recently at Brentford .

Burton shipped 5 goals at home to Brentford.

4-3-3 has been played most of the season I thought it was our system so what happens when Chris Martin comes back then as he's a 4-3-3 man. 

Its not all about systems and what Craig Ramage thinks. 

RD where banging on about 4-2-3-1 for the whole game weren't they .

I didn't listen but heard their after thoughts. 

Owen Bradley did his best to reign in Craig Ramage on this. 

hi all

I saw the 3-1 win last year at Brentford, what a fab day it was, the last 20 minutes anyway.  You may recall that we were 1-0 down until about the 70th minute and playing awfully and then we woke up with great strikes from Christie, Ince & erm...someone else (sorry brain isn't what it was LOL).

Same players more or less, same opposition, same ground, same formation, same inconsistency.  Brentford's ground is less than half the size of ours and I bet their budget is too.

This year we conceded a second goal at around 70 mins instead of scoring and then we collapsed, just as we did against Reading & Hull at the back end of the last 2 seasons.

Huddersfield sold Butterfield to us, allegedly their best player at the time, and now they sit 3rd.  He must be kicking himself.

Shackell came back to us only to see Burnley promoted.  He must also be cursing his luck.

Martin is on loan at Fulham who are above us and still mathematically in with a playoff shout.  What if they go up and then make him an offer he can't refuse?

Lee Grant was our 2nd choice keeper and yet has done well in the PL at Stoke.

The point of these ramblings is this - we seem to end up as LESS than the sum of the parts whereas Brentford, Huddersfield etc end up as greater than the sum of theirs.

If anyone mentions Moor Farm again in interviews I will throw up I swear.  Burnley have a "**** ground and fans" but there they are in the PL in mid table.  Why?  Because they have togetherness and backbone and PRIDE, and if you don't have those things then with Sean Dyche you find yourself either on the bench or on the transfer list PDQ.  I bet at Burnley they have to get rub downs with aviation fuel and a wire brush LOL.  Time methinks for the Supernanny approach.  Make our lot train at Mickleover Sports with cold showers until they show some backbone, naughty step for any divas, you see where I'm going with this LOL...

4 games to go, surely it's now time for Rowett to just shrug and say "OK, impress me, not on the damn training pitch but out there where it matters.  Next season starts NOW and the transfer window is coming up.  How much do you want this, guys?  SHOW ME!"

Look at Theo Walcott's interview about Palace 3 A***wipes 0.  Says it all really.  We are the A***nal of the Championship.

Losing is one thing, it happens sometimes, but losing so dismally in the most important games over the last few years when we have the ability to at least give it a go proves that something is missing.  Let's hope GR can find whatever it is.

LR2

4 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

hi all

I saw the 3-1 win last year at Brentford, what a fab day it was, the last 20 minutes anyway.  You may recall that we were 1-0 down until about the 70th minute and playing awfully and then we woke up with great strikes from Christie, Ince & erm...someone else (sorry brain isn't what it was LOL).

Same players more or less, same opposition, same ground, same formation, same inconsistency.  Brentford's ground is less than half the size of ours and I bet their budget is too.

This year we conceded a second goal at around 70 mins instead of scoring and then we collapsed, just as we did against Reading & Hull at the back end of the last 2 seasons.

Huddersfield sold Butterfield to us, allegedly their best player at the time, and now they sit 3rd.  He must be kicking himself.

Shackell came back to us only to see Burnley promoted.  He must also be cursing his luck.

Martin is on loan at Fulham who are above us and still mathematically in with a playoff shout.  What if they go up and then make him an offer he can't refuse?

Lee Grant was our 2nd choice keeper and yet has done well in the PL at Stoke.

The point of these ramblings is this - we seem to end up as LESS than the sum of the parts whereas Brentford, Huddersfield etc end up as greater than the sum of theirs.

If anyone mentions Moor Farm again in interviews I will throw up I swear.  Burnley have a "**** ground and fans" but there they are in the PL in mid table.  Why?  Because they have togetherness and backbone and PRIDE, and if you don't have those things then with Sean Dyche you find yourself either on the bench or on the transfer list PDQ.  I bet at Burnley they have to get rub downs with aviation fuel and a wire brush LOL.  Time methinks for the Supernanny approach.  Make our lot train at Mickleover Sports with cold showers until they show some backbone, naughty step for any divas, you see where I'm going with this LOL...

4 games to go, surely it's now time for Rowett to just shrug and say "OK, impress me, not on the damn training pitch but out there where it matters.  Next season starts NOW and the transfer window is coming up.  How much do you want this, guys?  SHOW ME!"

Look at Theo Walcott's interview about Palace 3 A***wipes 0.  Says it all really.  We are the A***nal of the Championship.

Losing is one thing, it happens sometimes, but losing so dismally in the most important games over the last few years when we have the ability to at least give it a go proves that something is missing.  Let's hope GR can find whatever it is.

LR2

For goodness sake it happens .

Leeds lost 2-0 at Brentford the other week and Burton shipped 5 goals to them at home. 

Brentford are on a good run .

Rowett has won 3 drawn 1 at Forest and lost 1 

All about next season now. 

Nothing wrong with Moor Farm and keeping fans informed 

hi all

My point was not whether it happens but when and why.

Agreed this league is very open and agreed that the difference between top & bottom is nowhere near as great as in the PL and agreed that unpredictable results can and do occur..

The point I was trying to make was that, like Arsenal at the moment, we are falling short when it really matters, and if that continues to be the case then not only are we not fit to go up but we would be coming straight back down again.

If we had battered Brentford yesterday and then lost to a very good quality finish against the run of play or a lucky strike from distance or a one-off error then fair enough, "it happens", no problem with that at all.

Yesterday was way beyond "it happens".  Yesterday was the product of a collective malaise that we have seen before on big occasions, that was my point.

Are our players talented?  Mostly yes.  Are they capable of playing well together?  Yes.  Do they deliver when it really counts?  No. 

QPR in the playoff final - battered them but didn't score.  Reading last game just needed a point - bottled it and lost.  Hull - ditto.  Yesterday - ditto.

There's a pattern here is my point.  Burnley are like a T-34 tank - basic, ugly, clumsy but indestructible.  What I'm saying is that we could learn to be more like them attitude wise and that maybe all the sumptuous facilities, fancy footwork etc sometimes actually gets in the way of that.

You don't get out of this league by walking out onto the pitch thinking that you are too good for it, you get out of this league by doing what Burnley and Stoke did. 

LR2

5 hours ago, curtains said:

Same as Leeds did then because they lost 2-0 recently at Brentford .

Burton shipped 5 goals at home to Brentford.

4-3-3 has been played most of the season I thought it was our system so what happens when Chris Martin comes back then as he's a 4-3-3 man. 

Its not all about systems and what Craig Ramage thinks. 

RD where banging on about 4-2-3-1 for the whole game weren't they .

I didn't listen but heard their after thoughts. 

Owen Bradley did his best to reign in Craig Ramage on this. 

I don't give a **** what Craig Ramage thinks, but I could see with my own eyes that 433 wasn't working within 10 minutes of kickoff yesterday. So many players in our team seem to be, in footballing terms, thick as two short planks. Brentford played a simple quick passing game, mainly down the flanks with Jota in particular bursting into our box time and time again, and yet they got away with it every time; no doubling up on their most dangerous player, no tackles going in; how many times did Jota cut inside and waltz across our box yesterday? It was embarrassing. 

Rowett got it wrong. Sometimes it is about systems.

We beat a very good Fulham side playing 4231 and if that had been employed yesterday, with Vydra on the pitch with Nugent, and Hughes in place of Butterfield, we might have actually given them a game, instead of making them look like Barcelona. 

35 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I don't give a **** what Craig Ramage thinks, but I could see with my own eyes that 433 wasn't working within 10 minutes of kickoff yesterday. So many players in our team seem to be, in footballing terms, thick as two short planks. Brentford played a simple quick passing game, mainly down the flanks with Jota in particular bursting into our box time and time again, and yet they got away with it every time; no doubling up on their most dangerous player, no tackles going in; how many times did Jota cut inside and waltz across our box yesterday? It was embarrassing. 

Rowett got it wrong. Sometimes it is about systems.

We beat a very good Fulham side playing 4231 and if that had been employed yesterday, with Vydra on the pitch with Nugent, and Hughes in place of Butterfield, we might have actually given them a game, instead of making them look like Barcelona. 

We went 4-3-3 second half against Fulham and took Vydra off  

The players are trying they just might not be good enough. 

Relax we have won 3 drawn 1 and lost  1 with Rowett what's the problem .

Bournemouth just got Hammered by Spurs 4-0 it happens in Football. 

Systems are part of it yes but not the whole story. 

People should just take a step back

we have been playing without our best left back in Forsyth without a highly successful centre half in shackell and without our right back in Christie ( although Baird has done very well) so defensively much weaker

in midfield we are missing the Thorne contribution and Hughes has looked like a player who has missed a full season and we took the money rather than having a young international midfielder covering the pitch in Hendrick and we ended up with a non moving butterfield and Johnson who have done what they can - not much progressively 

up front well the ball hasn't been there much has it? Nugent will prove to be a great signing I believe but we let our target man go on a busmans holiday to London for a season and even playing averagely for us would have resulted in us being in the play offs and we do have Vydra who can do it in this league but we can't get him into the side.

one good centre half and one good central midfielder is our priority in the summer - I am only a supporter but it is blindingly obvious but moving on some of the high earning non performers is a lot harder.

Think we all know the team isn't good  enough. The last couple of seasons have shown that. Yes we have some of our better players out injured but we are supposed to have a good squad. Watched  the highlights last night and we were very poor. Let's give Gary rowett the time he needs. It's been a very frustrating season and I'll be glad when it's over

Archived