Best day of the season so far!

Parsnip

What a great Saturday of football in the Championship! (A few weeks ago i thought all the entertainment was over for this season!).

I'll be closely following the sheff weds, fulham & preston games as well as our own - very exciting stuff! And the sideshow of knowing the gumps could drop into the relegation places today too (so funny!).

I'm not bothered about promotion. I'm more bothered about us staying in the hunt - so we get more brilliant days like these.

Sun's shining, cider's cooling, COYR!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

What a great Saturday of football in the Championship! (A few weeks ago i thought all the entertainment was over for this season!).

I'll be closely following the sheff weds, fulham & preston games as well as our own - very exciting stuff! And the sideshow of knowing the gumps could drop into the relegation places today too (so funny!).

I'm not bothered about promotion. I'm more bothered about us staying in the hunt - so we get more brilliant days like these.

Sun's shining, cider's cooling, COYR!

It was an idyllic picture...until you mentioned the cider. Picture of a ruddy-faced chap wetting himself then came to mind. Not pleasant. :mellow:

14 minutes ago, David said:

Nothing great about cider, tramp juice. 

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It was an idyllic picture...until you mentioned the cider. Picture of a ruddy-faced chap wetting himself then came to mind. Not pleasant

Guys not all cider is white lightning in massive plastic bottles being drank in bus stops you know. There's a world of very classy and delicious ciders out there waiting to be explored!

I mean mine does happen to be white lightening but i'll certainty be decanting it from the plastic bottle in to a glass before i drink it. If i can find a glass. And i'm not going to sit under a bus stop like a tramp... it's lovely weather today... i'll sit on the pavement in the open air.

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It was an idyllic picture...until you mentioned the cider. Picture of a ruddy-faced chap wetting himself then came to mind. Not pleasant. :mellow:

I've got a nice pint of real ale sat in a beer garden in the middle of Birmingham. Ahhhh! !! COYRs..

Sounds great unless you saw the beer garden. It's a back yard and smells of fags and cleaning fluid. 

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Guys not all cider is white lightning in massive plastic bottles being drank in bus stops you know. There's a world of very classy and delicious ciders out there waiting to be explored!

I mean mine does happen to be white lightening but i'll certainty be decanting it from the plastic bottle in to a glass before i drink it. If i can find a glass. And i'm not going to sit under a bus stop like a tramp... it's lovely weather today... i'll sit on the pavement in the open air.

Fair play. Have you wet yourself yet?

Maybe the Wolves away fixture felt like we had turned a corner. The Forest victory, because we were both on a good run at that point. Even Ipswich and QPR midweek away fixtures with us getting/staying top 6 with rivals (probably sheff wed) dropping points.

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Although, I am bringing back a bottle of buckfast to inflict on two of my colleagues who have no idea what that particular fortified wine entails.......

If you are unfamiliar with this tonic, try reading the amazon reviews.

Once tried never forgotten......

27 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You didn't just put classy and cider in the same sentence did you? 

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My old housemate was diabolical with it. It wasn't him poisoning himself I minded, it was his "most insistent" manner in making everyone else also consume some of the bile concocted by the Benedictine monks of buckfast Abby....

Are they still making the mead?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My old housemate was diabolical with it. It wasn't him poisoning himself I minded, it was his "most insistent" manner in making everyone else also consume some of the bile concocted by the Benedictine monks of buckfast Abby....

Never really took off in the North East. It was always considered to be the drink of the Celtic fans. Tried it once on the way to Hampden, the choice was buckie or thunderbird........

Archived