Hoof ball.

TroyDyer

Is this the new Derby way? 

Barnsley and tonight, the number of balls hoofed forward was extraordinary. 

For 15 minutes today we sat 10 men behind the ball and hoofed the ball to 9 stone wet, Tom Ince. 

Who would have thought that would backfire? 

Do we have a midfield? 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the budding managers in the east stand constant shouts/shrieks of "forward ffs" the boys responded well!

We were no good, granted, but seriously the moaning, winging and abuse hurled at our own players from 2 minutes into the game from those budding managers is nothing short of embarrassing and demoralising for the players

3 minutes ago, Minime said:

Well the budding managers in the east stand constant shouts/shrieks of "forward ffs" the boys responded well!

We were no good, granted, but seriously the moaning, winging and abuse hurled at our own players from 2 minutes into the game from those budding managers is nothing short of embarrassing and demoralising for the players

They shout forward when absolutely nothing is on, then when a player just hits it forwards they lose their **** when it gets intercepted or headed back. Proper winds me up.

I've got loads around me... "OOOOUUUUUTTTT!!! ******* kick it!!!" when ever Carson has the ball in his hands with just Russell or Ince up front. The Preston player wins the ball from Carson listening to the crowd "**** sake the ball keeps coming back at us" / "We keep giving the ******* ball away".

I love it..

You know when people scream "ooooouuuuttt" they do know it only takes one straggler to play a striker onside?

That's why they try to form a line and go out together. 

Sounds obvious and reasonable but still you get the "ooooouuuut" scream. 

It's nice that people offer their advice though. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You know when people scream "ooooouuuuttt" they do know it only takes one straggler to play a striker onside?

That's why they try to form a line and go out together. 

Sounds obvious and reasonable but still you get the "ooooouuuut" scream. 

It's nice that people offer their advice though. 

I think it's more of an observation that when you're 1-0 up with 10 to play and you position all 11 men in between your goal line and around 30 yards out, it's an invitation to the opposition to continually knock balls into the box. I'm all for holding a defensive line, but last night it was just too deep and invited too much pressure on. And frankly, towards the end, they weren't making enough effort to push up even 15/16 yards as the balls kept on coming in, and that makes it so hard to defend the goal.

The whole team needed to be playing higher up the pitch to try to stop the balls coming in and give us a better chance of defending effectively. Allowing a goalkeeper's ball to drop straight into the box like that, you're asking for problems.

This is a whole team thing by the way, not a criticism of the defence, who I thought did well last night, Baird and Pearce particularly.

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

maybe people should be more specific when they go on about Plan B and moaning that Derby don't have one.

Speaking as a rational fan who floods the forum with nonsensical hysterical babble every time we drop points my own personal version of plan B is the system where we win every single game by three goals or more. It's so simple, but that clown McClaren can't see it.

Archived