Midfield?

Sparkle

De Sart.... 

Firstly he's about as tough as cotton. 

He breaks shape and goes chasing (Mascarell style) leaving a huge hole in front of our defenders. He goes chasing but can't win the ball. So pointless. 

When he does hold position then he becomes the most disciplined player in the world. Refusing to pick up any player running past him onto the defenders. 

His passing is alright. 

In the air? I've criticised Derby enough about their pathetic ability in the air. He's part of it. But when the ball is lost in the air you'd think he'd be on for the drop? Nah, busy innit. 

When old wooden legs (Pearce or Shackell), Captain Composure (Olsson) or Isaac Newton (Cyrus Christie) have the ball he tends to snuggle up to his nearest marker. But to be honest watching our defenders with the ball hurts my head so I can't blame him for losing interest. 

Basically he can pass. Just like Omar he is not a DM for this league. Way to easy to drop the ball anywhere near him and his mates and watch the confusion as they try to figure out why it's not on the grass. 

If you put your garden shed there then it would be exactly the same as De Sart with 2 exceptions. Better in the air and worse at passing. 

This team is just not a team. No cover for each other. All expose each other.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/15/2017 at 07:56, mrdave85 said:

No, no we don't. Picking any 3 of Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Hughes, and Thorne in this division would be a dream for most clubs. 

On paper I would agree. Reality however, suggests otherwise. 

Cover for Thorne would be top of my list come the summer. We should have addressed this a few years ago. Baird was thought to be the option but we all know he isn't great at DM.

Unfortunately DMs that we need are not easy to come by. I have mentioned it enough times but Diagouraga always  looked handy there. 

We may need 1 more attacking cm as i feel butterfield is just too negative i haven't seen much of him but is irvine at Burton any good? 

SM sure had his work cut out though i don't think a 2 man midfield is the right option. 

Archived