2017/18. Planning now

FrostedRam

So after the news Chris Martin has signed a new contract and we aren't rushing Thorne back until Pre season, coupled with the clearing out of deadwood and loaning of youngsters for experience. I get the feeling we have resigned ourselves to starting next season in the championship and a rebuild in the summer. 

Now this isn't a doom and gloom view, as after the start we made, to even be in with a chance of the playoffs this season has been remarkable. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we'll see the younger players come back better. Sell a few that don't get in the team abs sign a few better than we already have. Vydra is the annoying thing for me. £8m pound. Bet we'd get £2m for him and that's assuming anyone would want him. He just doesn't fit in our system

Glad a few of you are coming round to my way of thinking.

Whilst our season wasnt technically over when McClaren arrived and Pearson left, the top 2 spots had already gone at that point. Even an amazing winning run couldnt change that.

So barring the playoff lottery, planning for next season and getting back to playing a certain style of play ready for next season is totally the way to go.

19 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Hopefully we'll see the younger players come back better. Sell a few that don't get in the team abs sign a few better than we already have. Vydra is the annoying thing for me. £8m pound. Bet we'd get £2m for him and that's assuming anyone would want him. He just doesn't fit in our system

We can always hope Pearson will get a job before next transfer window.

Archived