Was Brian Clough more of derby fan or a forest fan? And what about the clough family?

CLOUGH1971-72

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise he claimed dole money. He went in to that boardroom, made unreasonable demands (for his OWN gain), backed them up with an ultimatum. Resigned because they wouldn't bend over for him.

Have your views Mostyn mate, fine with that but...

I reckon there a couple of people on the thread who've pointed out where you're a tiny bit mistaken.

He quit over the directors questioning of Pete's role, even though he didn't see what happened in the boardroom. Pete stormed out said he was finished with those directors and Brian backed him. No job to go to, nothing lined up, no personal gain. Just at that time maybe foolish with his principles.

He thought he'd done enough to justify the pair of them making footballing decisions after the success they had, but the directors who were probably succesfull business men thought they knew better fancy that eh?

As for leaving the club in financial difficulties, the downward spiral Derby went on had nowt to do with the terrible mis-management on and off the field once he left? Nowt to do with the poor managerial choices they made after Dave? As far as I know BC left the club in a great position with a squad that was good enough to win the league again.

I said this a fair while back and I think I was right then. I can see now why you were a little bit blinded with hatred (or at least a bit of dislike) of Nige from his Forest days, blimey if you didn't like his Dad after all he did for Derby, then young Nige never stood a chance.

52 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise he claimed dole money. He went in to that boardroom, made unreasonable demands (for his OWN gain), backed them up with an ultimatum. Resigned because they wouldn't bend over for him.

No he didn't.

It was all about the treatment of Peter Taylor by a certain director - an incident that happened at Old Trafford on a day when Hector's goal took us back to the top of the league.

in all the stuff I've read, all the documentaries, all the conversations on all message boards and forums in the last 10 years, I've never once heard anyone mention that being the reason Clough walked out.

If that's so, it alters many people's versions of events, even those foreworded and approved by BC himself. 

I never witnessed BC achieve anything for Derby, so why would his achievements here, at a time he was at Forest, influence my opinion? I cannot get excited about Steve Bloomer either.

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

in all the stuff I've read, all the documentaries, all the conversations on all message boards and forums in the last 10 years, I've never once heard anyone mention that being the reason Clough walked out.

If that's so, it alters many people's versions of events, even those foreworded and approved by BC himself. 

I never witnessed BC achieve anything for Derby, so why would his achievements here, at a time he was at Forest, influence my opinion? I cannot get excited about Steve Bloomer either.

Well you can't have read much about him then can you mostyn6? Buy his book on amazon. I know you said earlier in the thread you'd read his autobiography but that can't be true because you claim to have not know about the Taylor story. And the Taylor Kirkland story is definitely in the book. 

The thread isnt about you though is it? It isn't about your personal opinion of him. And just because you didn't witness Clough achieve anything, you posted some unpleasant and untrue things about him. Your opinion of him is flawed. Admit it. Eat some humble pie and watch a few YouTube documentaries on Clough. Start with "Clough the early years". 

Enjoy 

13 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Well you can't have read much about him then can you mostyn6? Buy his book on amazon. I know you said earlier in the thread you'd read his autobiography but that can't be true because you claim to have not know about the Taylor story. And the Taylor Kirkland story is definitely in the book. 

The thread isnt about you though is it? It isn't about your personal opinion of him. And just because you didn't witness Clough achieve anything, you posted some unpleasant and untrue things about him. Your opinion of him is flawed. Admit it. Eat some humble pie and watch a few YouTube documentaries on Clough. Start with "Clough the early years". 

Enjoy 

You can't goad me into responding and then slam me for responding you lunatic lol

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

You can't goad me into responding and then slam me for responding you lunatic lol

You are getting a little paranoia now pal to go with your bitterness and jealousy. I didn't goad you or slam you lol. 

Once again no reply to the points I and other have raised. 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I've only ever seen the Kirkland / Taylor incident recounted. Cloughie was pushing for more control and better contract earlier on (which he publicly signed) but that wasn't the reason they walked out. Surprised you've never heard it given how many books and documentaries you've read.

That in itself is a little surprising considering how little you say you care about Clough before you were born. You seem to have a pretty strong opinion about something which doesn't interest you! 

I don't quite understand why the club's history and prior successes is of some little interest to you though. It's part of our story as much as the Ram and the baseball ground. I personaly like to celebrate it, think longingly about it and hope that one day it'll happen again.

14 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

I've only ever seen the Kirkland / Taylor incident recounted. Cloughie was pushing for more control and better contract earlier on (which he publicly signed) but that wasn't the reason they walked out. Surprised you've never heard it given how many books and documentaries you've read.

That in itself is a little surprising considering how little you say you care about Clough before you were born. You seem to have a pretty strong opinion about something which doesn't interest you! 

I don't quite understand why the club's history and prior successes is of some little interest to you though. It's part of our story as much as the Ram and the baseball ground. I personaly like to celebrate it, think longingly about it and hope that one day it'll happen again.

Doubt mostyn6 will have a reply like most things on this thread (la la la I'm not listening) lol but I'd like to say spot on post

to you mate.

On 12/9/2016 at 12:09, RadioactiveWaste said:

Bells is really, really terrible attempt at Whisky. 

Scottish leader, black bottle, isle of Skye all a ton better blends or just buy the aldi Islay single malt which is about four quid extra and an infinatly better drink. Responsibly. 

Not tried the Aldi Islay whisky. Is it nice and peaty?

4 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Not tried the Aldi Islay whisky. Is it nice and peaty?

Yes, plenty of peat and not too rough for supermarket whisky. Was £17.99 when I had a bottle a few months back. 

The do a highland and a Speyside one to but not tried them. 

And as its the time of year, if you like a nice bottle of malt, almost all the supermarkets have good offers on. In short, There is no need to subject yourself to Bells/grouse/grants/teachers unless you just want to get drunk. 

On 09/12/2016 at 15:48, Tombo said:

Here he is categorically stating that Derby was the happiest time of his managerial career while he was still manager of Forest. Never been much of a diplomat has he!

What's also telling about that footage is the pre game atmosphere, which is loud and constant singing. No poxy music deafening folk certainly helps. Bottom of the league and the BBG is rocking. 

We are the Rams to the tune of 'we are the mods' was a good un.

Archived