Morris Leading Rebellion Against Football League

therealhantsram

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Cue SaintRam getting his virtual head kicked in by a load of fat shirtless Geordies

Newcastle probably beat Leeds in UK based fanbase, but definitely don't for a global fanbase. 

6 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

As a half fan living on the west coast of the US, I only get to watch about 15% of games per season - I'd probably pay up to around 50 quid per month to watch every game if the coverage is decent enough, and knowing that the money is going back into the club would also make be feel better about it. Right now I get up between 4am and 7am to watch what is often awful coverage. Beinsports usually just shows the empty pitch for half time and the radio derby commentary isn't as good as it used to be. 

I think we can do better, and I applaud Mel for spearheading this. 

I think this is the key. I go to home games and if not going away, listen to RD. Often my lad can find a stream but I'd rather listen to RD than watch an iffy stream where the pic quality and camera angles are poor and it's 30 seconds behind (if at home I like to know what else is going on so normally have soccer saturday on silent so would know if Derby scored/conceded before the stream showed).

If it was TV quality then I'd go for it but that's going to be very expensive. If it was the quality of a lot of streams online, I'd not be interested. I'd certainly not bother paying to watch a friendly.

But I absolutely applaud Mel for trying to do better not just for Derby, but for all FL clubs. The financial chasm between the PL and FL is way to wide.

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I doubt you'll need to pay to view for what is a proof of principle exercise, and a friendly.

He is aiming to show clubs how many people will watch a streamed game so it'll likely be free. At the end of the day, what he's trying to do is hugely beneficial to the club and the leagues and I think we should all do our best to at least have the stream open if we can, even if we're not watching it.

If you do have to pay that obviously will limit the viewership, but hopefully they'll foresee that.

You're probably right but, the number of people watching a streamed game for free isn't going to accurately reflect the number that would watch it if you had to pay. The proof of concept would only have any benefit if future games are to be streamed for free with all the additional revenue coming from advertising which, I guess, may be the proposal. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Mel doing to the current TV rights model what Netflix did to Blockbusters. 

Netflix killed Blockbusters - it failed to embrace new streaming technology and move with the times until it was far, far too late.

Streaming services are changing the way we watch TV shows. Live streaming on social media is re-shaping how we experience live broadcasting. Subscription services like Sky (where only a handful of games are shown) will soon be left in the dust. 

Our expectations and behaviour are changing - On demand is the future. The Sky model is the past.  

If DCFC were to introduce their own streaming service, I would absolutely subscribe. And it would make our club accessible again to people like my Grandad (who despite being a season ticket holder for many years can no longer attend games due to age). 

Suffice to say, I am super excited by this and am glad Mel is smart enough to realise the potential. Viva la revolution! 

21 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Mel doing to the current TV rights model what Netflix did to Blockbusters. 

Netflix killed Blockbusters - it failed to embrace new streaming technology and move with the times until it was far, far too late.

Streaming services are changing the way we watch TV shows. Live streaming on social media is re-shaping how we experience live broadcasting. Subscription services like Sky (where only a handful of games are shown) will soon be left in the dust. 

Our expectations and behaviour are changing - On demand is the future. The Sky model is the past.  

If DCFC were to introduce their own streaming service, I would absolutely subscribe. And it would make our club accessible again to people like my Grandad (who despite being a season ticket holder for many years can no longer attend games due to age). 

Suffice to say, I am super excited by this and am glad Mel is smart enough to realise the potential. Viva la revolution! 

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't see it working. 

I think championship clubs will get less money without Sky .

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don't see it working. 

I think championship clubs will get less money without Sky .

We can see it. Good on Mel for this. ??????

Just now, curtains said:

Watching games streamed on the internet. 

No thanks. It's poor quality. 

For those that can't GO TO THE GAMES DUE SOME REASONS. 

People going about poor quality streaming, that is for illegal streams supported by advertising.

I assume the service if any, will be like watching the game on Sky GO or the BT Sport app where the quality is better than SD tv and HD quality if your internet supports it.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

People going about poor quality streaming, that is for illegal streams supported by advertising.

I assume the service if any, will be like watching the game on Sky GO or the BT Sport app where the quality is better than SD tv and HD quality if your internet supports it.

How much dosh  lol to watch Derby vs Forest on an iPad. 

56 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes but Leeds and Derby hate each other .

Wouldn't go as far as hate but there is a rivalry there and 2 of the biggest clubs in this league which would generate possibly the largest viewing figures you can expect from the Championship.

I am in the know that this game will be free for ST holders to attend, won't be played behind closed doors, 50/50 split of tickets will be made available, first come first served, the game will also be free to watch online, so won't cost a penny.

Also only 3 clubs were not represented at the meeting yesterday, wasn't an empty room, over 100 in attendance, very good response from all clubs in support.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Watching games streamed on the internet. 

No thanks it is poor quality. 

Clubs charging what they like for big games.  

The rise of Netflix and other streaming services is a clear indicator that you're in the minority here. It's enormously popular - and there's a clear gap in the market when it comes to sports. 

Someone (be it Sky, DCFC or whoever) WILL step in eventually - providing a service where customers can watch the games THEY want to watch (not the one's chosen by a Sky panel of experts). 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

How much dosh  lol to watch Derby vs Forest on an iPad. 

You can easily watch through laptop and then put through a TV.

I think i pay £5 a month for Ramsplayer, if it included live video coverage I'd be happy to pay £10/15

2 minutes ago, David said:

Wouldn't go as far as hate but there is a rivalry there and 2 of the biggest clubs in this league which would generate possibly the largest viewing figures you can expect from the Championship.

I am in the know that this game will be free for ST holders to attend, won't be played behind closed doors, 50/50 split of tickets will be made available, the game will also be free to watch online, so won't cost a penny.

Also only 3 clubs were not represented at the meeting yesterday, wasn't an empty room, over 100 in attendance, very good response from all clubs in support.

Lets see what happens then. 

Thanks for the information.

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

What does that mean? 50-50 split of tickets between Leeds and Derby? If it's free to Derby ST holders - do we not have way more than 50% of the stadium capacity in ST holders already? I'm confused

Still wouldn't expect all season ticket holders to attend. 

Archived