Andre Gray

oldtimeram

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 23:58, eddie said:

I wouldn't be comfortable either.

Homophobia doesn't rinse out.

Read a couple of articles on this when the story 'broke'. He had a troubled background and was involved in gangs/violence etc. Thanks to football, hopefully he has escaped his past.

He was obviously very stupid for tweeting such an awful thing and I would assume he has grown up sufficently and seen enough of the world to reverse his opinion.

If he says the above* before signing for us, I've got no issue with him joining us in the Jan window**. Perhaps his story can do some good by making current ****** reassess their opinions.

*I think he has already said this previously.

**This is a joke.

On 26 November 2016 at 20:25, oldtimeram said:

He seems to be out of favour at Burnley.  Do you think it is worth a cheeky bid for him in January?  He is certainly a good buy for this division and may give us that final push for a play off position.

Thoughts?

No. Why is this thread in Rams talk? ??

On 26 November 2016 at 20:35, David said:

Gray has played 7 games out of their 13, was also banned for 4 games after the tweets he posted. Wouldn't say he's out of favour

This! 

On 26/11/2016 at 20:25, oldtimeram said:

He seems to be out of favour at Burnley.  Do you think it is worth a cheeky bid for him in January?  He is certainly a good buy for this division and may give us that final push for a play off position.

Behave...

Should have signed him when we had the chance last summer. 

Bit like our Johnny. Awful in general play but manages to produce the numbers. And we already have a pacey in-behind striker.

No thanks. 

Edit: I'm doing Russell a disservice there. He's average in terms of general play. Gray is like Theo but assists more (Theo's goals to minutes ratio was actually pretty similar to Gray's and that's in a worse team as well).

On 26/11/2016 at 21:41, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't think I noticed him til he was at brentford, and even then he missed loads of chances when brentford played Derby. Good player in the championship, not sure he can cut it in the Prem.

I saw Luton a few times when he was with them in the conference. I think he was linked with Millwall at the time. He certainly stood out at that level anyway. 

Archived