Southgate. Has he done enough?

Muskination

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lack of candidacy is a concern. It is a worry when wins against Malta, Slovakia and Scotland serve as a possible green light shoe in.

Just depends how low we want to set the bar. And clearly, based on this evidence, our expectations.

In fairness you can only beat what's put in front of you. But no...the mistake was made appointing big Sam, we are still clearing up that mess.

Picked Rooney.

Tempo and urgency and pressing NOWHERE near what is expected.

Same old slow pretty boring performance.

Scotland made 5 or 6 changes. They struggled against Lithuania at home in their last game. England were at home and have far superior players apparently.

Yes it's a 3-0 win but I can't see anything that has changed.

Too slow.

You want a manager to eventually make his mark. Southgate is a studious manager but still boring. There's no Ooooomph!

Not a chance he's done enough, but he'll get the job because the fa have no ambition and can't attract any decent managers. Have to say it would be an even more uninspiring appointment than hodgson was, I fail to see what he's done across his managerial career to be worthy of the job. The performances under him so far have not been good enough IMO, we don't play with anywhere near enough energy or commitment as we need to, and he doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke that's gonna bring in our exciting young talents and teach them to play proper football, but rather just stand by workers like Henderson who will never take us anywhere.

The options of course are extremely limited, I really can't think of any English managers with the experience and knowhow required to take over the job, so I think we must start to look at foreign managers like wenger. With his contract up at the end of the season I think it is time to look at him potentially taking over for the World Cup, and hopefully installing a proper footballing philosophy and indentity whilst getting rid of the old guard and bringing in the new talent. Hopefully then we can finally get this idea that because our players are fast and run a lot they are good out of the system in English football and sort out the mess the first team is in so we can finally start to compete again.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not a chance he's done enough, but he'll get the job because the fa have no ambition and can't attract any decent managers. Have to say it would be an even more uninspiring appointment than hodgson was, I fail to see what he's done across his managerial career to be worthy of the job. The performances under him so far have not been good enough IMO, we don't play with anywhere near enough energy or commitment as we need to, and he doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke that's gonna bring in our exciting young talents and teach them to play proper football, but rather just stand by workers like Henderson who will never take us anywhere.

The options of course are extremely limited, I really can't think of any English managers with the experience and knowhow required to take over the job, so I think we must start to look at foreign managers like wenger. With his contract up at the end of the season I think it is time to look at him potentially taking over for the World Cup, and hopefully installing a proper footballing philosophy and indentity whilst getting rid of the old guard and bringing in the new talent. Hopefully then we can finally get this idea that because our players are fast and run a lot they are good out of the system in English football and sort out the mess the first team is in so we can finally start to compete again.

Seems a nice enough fella though

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He's done plenty to revitalise the young uns..... 

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes he has done well with the u21s but I don't think he's got the capability of completing an overhaul at first team level imo, he'd just fail like all other recent managers have

Give him a chance..... youth level internationals have improved immensely and he's been one of them that was greatly involved, think he deserves a go at the World Cup, really don't see any harm.

Real question is, do the FA do enough? The manager vacancy is just one element.

England's frankly now unacceptable performance over the last FIFTY years is fast becoming a national disgrace/joke. You can see that the cricket and rugby teams are in a 'cycle' (do well - bad patch - regroup - do well), the football team is just getting worse.

In a tournament virtually geared up to help you qualify we were effectively dumped out by Iceland (same population as Leicester); last World Cup, couldn't even get out of the group. As a nation, England pumps masses of cash into football, with 92 pro/semi-pro clubs.

Has anyone else even applied? 

He's probably done what he was asked to do but got to say I'm far from impressed.

Is it the manager or the players? I'm not sure but I don't really see any standout candidates who make me think they can get us playing well.

Annoys me when I see players coming out and saying he should get the job, should have nothing to do with them. The manager picks the squad not the other way round.

56 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

Don't think I'm in the right position to pick and choose. Got to be someone out there who would want the job, instead of a poor ex-boro manager, who dismissed him self away from the from the job before big sam took over. 

The irony is though you've just chosen for it not to be him.....

9 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

The irony is though you've just chosen for it not to be him.....

Not really, I will check my job role in the morning, but I am sure it is not at the FA. I Offered a "opinion" on a Internet forum that I use when I wish to look at news and topics  when bored on my mobile phone. 

Archived