Southgate. Has he done enough?

Muskination

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Where does the ref get 5 Minutes from .

FT 2-2 .

There were a couple of injuries fair enough. Poor by Heaton for the equaliser, near post through the legs.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That comes from scoring more than your opponents not from number of passes completed.

And if you have a recognised philosophy which that will help you to win e.g tiki taka with Spain and why England haven't won anything for 50 years. You can't score if you don't have the ball. People in England are too bogged down with formations and believe one formation is enough to win. The philosophy doesn't come from the formation, it comes from the players at hand. Notice how flexible the Spanish manager was? He was switching the formations around throughout the game as the players were comfortable with their roles. 

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

And if you have a recognised philosophy which that will help you to win e.g tiki taka with Spain and why England haven't won anything for 50 years. You can't score if you don't have the ball. People in England are too bogged down with formations and believe one formation is enough to win. The philosophy doesn't come from the formation, it comes from the players at hand. Notice how flexible the Spanish manager was? He was switching the formations around throughout the game as the players were comfortable with their roles. 

That's why England have won nothing for 50 years?

These buzzwords such as philosophy and identity have been in the game about 2 years and follow other such tripe such as corridor of uncertainty and passage of play into the football dictionary.

The reason England have not won anything for 50 years is because our players have not been good enough technically. We went close in 1990, 1996 and 1998 though.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Imagine diving in a friendly. Vardy should just remember how to control the ball properly.

It wasn't a dive at all. 100% correct decision. 

4 hours ago, curtains said:

John Stones class tonight. 

1712902_news.jpg

JS been immense against Spain I agreed.. Only 1 tiny error in the first half though. 

4 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes england good in defence and vary and co good on the break

Hopefully we'll see more of that. Decent performance and play like that more often then we'll be fine. 

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

The only real weak links for me have been Clyne and jagielka . the latter is just not international standard . 

Disagreed with you on Clyne Hants, he been solid enough IMO, I agreed with you on Jagielka though. Wish someone else is on instead him sigh. 

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Where does the ref get 5 Minutes from .

FT 2-2 .

I wondered where that comes from? Jokers.. 

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Oh well good  game . 

We won the important one last Friday against the Scots 

It was good game but unlucky. 

Scotland game was important because it's a qualifier game and we got THREE POINTS. Oh and bragging rights ??????????

Onto to next one Germany away in March for the next international friendly in Dortmund then Lithuania game at Wembley few days later. 

6 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Question - at 2-0 up with 2 minutes of normal time left, what the **** is the England left-back doing hurtling forward to the edge of the Spain box?

I hope they feel rotten and learn. Though I would have thought professional players would know what to do in such a situation.

The post match graphic for the equaliser was interesting . 

Every England player behind the ball and isco basically played a pass and ran through all of them unchallenged to get on the end of the return . 

Our defence either seems to completely lack awareness or is being too rigidly coached to get back into formation and keep shape come what may.

It might be the latter . a couple of times Clyne gave the ball away by trying to force a pass down the line to a marked player when there was a simpler inside pass on.

I blame Sammy Lee . ....

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

He was switching the formations around throughout the game as the players were comfortable with their roles. 

Most of which didn't work as they were 2-0 down for 89 minutes of the game, should have started at the bottom of his list of formations to try and they might have won.

1 hour ago, David said:

Most of which didn't work as they were 2-0 down for 89 minutes of the game, should have started at the bottom of his list of formations to try and they might have won.

Maybe because it was a friendly and he was trying things out?Friendlies mean f all. The majority of the team yesterday for Spain played under the same manager a few years ago for the Spanish youth teams. In contrast, only Danny rose in the England squad played in the same tournament. I saw a message from a Spanish journalist that Spain have been trying out a 3 at the back against weak teams. That's how far England have fallen. Can you imagine any English coach experimenting? Friendly games are for trying new things out not to win at all costs. I knew England were going to fail in the euros after the overreaction after we beat Germany. In that game Germany tried new things out which is what we should have been doing. I'm a firm believer that players under required age should be playing for the u23s. Rashford,Stones,Dier,Kane and Sterling shouldn't be in the England squad until they have had as much experience as possible. The likes of Saul(a champions league finalist with Atletico Madrid) and hector bellerin are still regularly playing with the Spanish u 21s in order to get as much experience of international football before moving up to the seniors which is what we should be doing. Instead any hype job like rashford gets thrown straight into the England squad. Makes me boil as people expect these players to be the finished article

Archived