Middle ground?

archied

I don't see any ,,, this is either going to be fantastic or a total disaster,, my personal feeling about it probably mirrors the fan base as in I'm totally split down the middle one part feels it's the worst appointment ever and the other thinks it could be a master stroke and let's be honest I could post a long credible explanation for both sides , I'm willing to bet Mel has similar thoughts but what I do warm to is the fact that it's clear Mel is as desperate for us to succeed and play great football as we all are ,,,, so bottom line ? He's back and I will support him and Mel alongside my till I die Derby support , I will be positive and hope that Derby is where Steve Mac belongs and does his best work ( as clough kind of belongs at burton ) and now knows that and has decided Derby is going to be his crowning glory doing a fantastic job with us and telling any suitors to sod off as Derby is his passion when he again shows how good a coach he can be ,, well that's my fairytale ending and I'm sticking to it ,,,,,,,for now but no recriminations if it don't turn out that way ,, it's worth a punt 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This appointment was always going to be a huge risk, like you say it can only really go well or badly imo, can't see us playing mediocre! Well I suppose whatever way up most fans will get what they want style wise, I'd be shocked if this turns out to be boring! I just hope that Mac gets all our attacking players playing to their full potential and the back line stay solid enough so we surge up the table like last time 

I can see a middle ground which should bring a little more happiness and hope.  we start to play attractive entertaining football but miss out on play offs.  Even then the boo boys will be moaning that we didn't win all of our last 10 games I suppose

He's going to have to make a real hash of this to compete with Docherty, Jewell & Pearson as "worst appointment ever".

Excellent appointment for me, nice to see Mel & Steve both prepared to swallow their pride to give this a go and see if we can get back aboard the magic train.

Hell what have we possibly got to lose?

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Despite wanting Pearson I can only say our season was heading down the toilet, at least now we might go down the bog in style.

There's a thing.

Floater - or sinker?

Archived