Stability who needs it?

King Kevin

——Watfords managers over the last few years if you put Zola in the mix then it's 7 since 2012 ,what we need is the man who found them all.

Giuseppe SanninoDecember 2013August 2014311381038.46——

Óscar García JunyentSeptember 2014September 2014412125.00——

Billy McKinlaySeptember 2014October 2014211050.00——

Slaviša JokanovićOctober 2014June 2015352141060.00Runner up in the 2014–15 Football League Championship—

Quique FloresJune 2015May 2016311071438.10Took Watford to the semi-final of the 2015-16 FA Cup—

Walter MazzarriJuly 2016

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Just out of interest, what contracts were these managers on? 

It's a good point. Alot of compensation would have been paid out from their promotion payment. 

However I bet they don't miss that money with all the TV payments in the past 2 years.

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I have said this before but stability is only worthwhile if progress is being made.

Can you have both?  For me stability means the ability to remain unchanged and resistant to change which leads  to stagnation. Progress means change which ultimately alters any stability. :mellow:

but then I've just got back from a heavy beer drinking session

Stability means we can lay the foundations to build on, otherwise we will constantly have a rerun of the last 18 mths.

Is that what fans want, chopping and changing?

Every manager that comes in on a 2 or 3 year contract, has to be given time.

The Watford example is sort of a one off, but they won promotion and then maintained their status, but each manager they had continued on from want was already there, they built well.

- We on the other have chopped and changed [Mac/Clement/Wassall/Pearson plus another], players in/players out, systems in /systems out and done it for 18 mths and we are 20th in the championship.

13 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Can you have both?  For me stability means the ability to remain unchanged and resistant to change which leads  to stagnation. Progress means change which ultimately alters any stability. :mellow:

but then I've just got back from a heavy beer drinking session

Of course you can and that is the ideal. My point was you shouldn't stick with something that clearly isn't working for the sake of stability.

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Of course you can and that is the ideal. My point was you shouldn't stick with something that clearly isn't working for the sake of stability.

Stability and progress are opposites for me. Progress is when you move to an improved position and that becomes difficult if you aim to maintain a stable position

20 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Stability and progress are opposites for me. Progress is when you move to an improved position and that becomes difficult if you aim to maintain a stable position

Aaah ok, I see your point now and you are correct. However I believe the thread is more specifically referring to managerial stability.

19 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

You're right to say stability can result in stagnation but the opposite of progression is regression. The opposite of stability would be unstable, insecure or chaotic. Something like that.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Stability means we can lay the foundations to build on, otherwise we will constantly have a rerun of the last 18 mths.

Is that what fans want, chopping and changing?

Every manager that comes in on a 2 or 3 year contract, has to be given time.

The Watford example is sort of a one off, but they won promotion and then maintained their status, but each manager they had continued on from want was already there, they built well.

- We on the other have chopped and changed [Mac/Clement/Wassall/Pearson plus another], players in/players out, systems in /systems out and done it for 18 mths and we are 20th in the championship.

The reason we have chopped and changed so much is because, other than Wassall, neither of those other two managers have tried to build upon what was already here - which is what served Watford so well and what Mel wants. 

Also - funny how when it suits your agenda Wassall is used of one of four managers to bash Mel with when usually he was "just seeing us through to the end of the season".

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

The reason we have chopped and changed so much is because, other than Wassall, neither of those other two managers have tried to build upon what was already here - which is what served Watford so well and what Mel wants. 

Also - funny how when it suits your agenda Wassall is used of one of four managers to bash Mel with when usually he was "just seeing us through to the end of the season".

Well he is credited as our 1st coach by DCFC from February till May.

What you want to discredit him?

By the way he had more games under his belt than Pearson.........

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Strange isn't  we have gone through more managers in the time frame than both Leeds and the idiots down the road, but nobody wants to mention it..................

Again, we don't need to, because you whine enough for three.

Archived