Beer Thread

Cisse

Much enjoyed my time at the Brunswick yesterday. Consumed a large number and wide variety of Real Ales. Far too many really. At one stage my eyes started doing tricks and I experienced some distorted visions of some really bizarre people sitting around this corner table, babbling away in tongues in an odd dialect, and one of them who I thought was the little guy out of Penn and Teller talking some gibberish language. All very odd. Really nice day but it is good to be back home drinking the south's fine selection of weak Europiss.

Much enjoyed my time at the Brunswick yesterday. Consumed a large number and wide variety of Real Ales. Far too many really. At one stage my eyes started doing tricks and I experienced some distorted visions of some really bizarre people sitting around this corner table, babbling away in tongues in an odd dialect, and one of them who I thought was the little guy out of Penn and Teller talking some gibberish language. All very odd. Really nice day but it is good to be back home drinking the south's fine selection of weak Europiss.

Cardigan wearer....

I hate the term 'real ale' and posts like Angry Ram's remind me why.

I should imagine what Angry Ram drank really was utterly terrible

There are thousands of really quite awful beers labelled as real ale, lazily put on by pubs / organisers of events purely because they are labelled as such - they haven't been put on because they're brewed well or have built up a reputation for quality - just that they're either locally brewed or have a stupid name.

Even a reputable ale pub like the brunswick sells mostly crap beers - I tried a few (well, 3) of the guest ales the other week when there was nobody in the pointy room and every one of them was horrible, and if they were the first 3 I'd ever tried I'd probably have come to the same conclusion as Angry Ram.

Dav had a few real ale pints yesdi in the Brunny. He was quite wrecked after 3. Mind you, tbf he'd not eaten owt but it usually takes a few more than that.

Yes, he didn't react to u snogging iram at all did he?

I thought I saw a slight twitch from Dav but fairs fair he can't be hogging the lovely LadyRam. Next time I come up with Mrs i-Ram2 he can have first dabs. Be happy Boycie and if you are ever down Brighton way there is a bed for you at i-Ram Towers. No funny business though!

So, the christmas stuff is in the shops.

At Tesco there's a Thwaites 3-pack of their craft range as pictured below, all three of them (from past experience) are excellent

"http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OQKWdIw96jU/UlMl4XXr27I/AAAAAAAAG7U/oe1oZrM7Xwg/s1600/Thwaites+Crafty+Dan+Micro+Brewery+gift+pack" alt="Thwaites+Crafty+Dan+Micro+Brewery+gift+p">

Also had had a 'Southwold Spruce IPA' by Adnams which was 6.5% (from M&S) which tastes as you might expect, a bit strange but quite nice.

Got back from Ypres, Belgium last night, Had Duval, Orval. Lindemans Kriek and Framboise, Bockor. Westmalle Dubbel, Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet, La Chouffe, Rodenbach, Rodenbach Grand Cru, Leffe Blond, Graimbergan Blonde and a crazy sour brown bee I can't recall.

By the way, this was a school trip.  

Got back from Ypres, Belgium last night, Had Duval, Orval. Lindemans Kriek and Framboise, Bockor. Westmalle Dubbel, Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet, La Chouffe, Rodenbach, Rodenbach Grand Cru, Leffe Blond, Graimbergan Blonde and a crazy sour brown bee I can't recall.

By the way, this was a school trip.

never mind, did the rest of the trip go ok though?