Beer Thread

Cisse

That's propably my alltime favourite beer. (Or at least one of them..) But they don't sell it here at summertime, only during winters.

I get my Belgian beer sent over by Kurt at Belgiuminabox. I usually buy a couple of cases every 6 weeks or so.

The Gulden Draak cost me around

Otherwise sounds perfect but in Finland alcohol politics are bit different. All the business (except stuff under 4,7 % which I usually dont' drink) are owned by government owned monopoly company. So import taxes could be enourmous...

Worth asking thou. Nothing to lose and much to gain...

For us it is cheaper just to get the plane tickets to Belgium. :unsure:

For us it is cheaper just to get the plane tickets to Belgium. :unsure:

I'd love to get my hands on that.

That might be your answer...

To celebrate todays win I have been drinking Stella Artois for the past few hours.Anyone else like this?I believe when it comes to the States it is not as strong as overseas.

As far as 'stock' lagers go, Stella Artois and Kronenbourg are pretty well the only two on sale in the UK which have any sort of flavour at all. Interesting that one has Belgian and the other French origin, although in reality both tend to be 'Brewed Under Licence' in the UK at a reduced alcohol level.

The Stella Artois brewed in Leuven, Belgium, is a different animal indeed.

To celebrate todays win I have been drinking Stella Artois for the past few hours.Anyone else like this?I believe when it comes to the States it is not as strong as overseas.

They have to drop the strength for the American trade.

They wouldn't get away with selling 2% Stella over here.

;)

As far as 'stock' lagers go, Stella Artois and Kronenbourg are pretty well the only two on sale in the UK which have any sort of flavour at all. Interesting that one has Belgian and the other French origin, although in reality both tend to be 'Brewed Under Licence' in the UK at a reduced alcohol level.

The Stella Artois brewed in Leuven, Belgium, is a different animal indeed.

You forgot Grolsch. Pretty flavoursome in the swingtop bottles imported from Holland.