Beer Thread

Cisse

Enjoying a Polish Zywiec strong lager right now. Excellent.

lovely

from what ive had recently my favourite is an everards tiger :) i also have a soft spot for any ipa which isnt greene king :D

enjoying a nice marstons strong pale ale on the train as i type!

Hitachino Nest Amber Ale by Japanese brewery Kiuchi. 6%. Lovely.

I am totally unsure of the Brasserie D'Ecaussinnes Cookie Beer, 8% but only £3.70 a bottle.

Cinnamon dominates. It's totally unbalanced, but....

bloody hell, this explains a lot.

lovely

from what ive had recently my favourite is an everards tiger :) i also have a soft spot for any ipa which isnt greene king :D

enjoying a nice marstons strong pale ale on the train as i type!

have you tried GK ipa reserve (5.4%) though ;) ?

bloody hell, this explains a lot.

That wasn't even the half of it. There was a 6.7% pint and another bottle over 9% in between, and however much half the Sabbath was.

I don't know what possessed me to do that much that early... but never again. I'm amazed I managed to carry on after the game without full on lying-on-the-floor-for-an-hour collapse and forever indebted to you guys stopping that happening.

Not touching any alcohol now until a few low percentage pints on the 24th.

I want opinions please you alki fookers.

Everards Harvest Pale 3.8%. 

I've been off my London Pride standby tonight as it's a nice night and I want something a bit lighter.

Went for this beer and it's neckable, nice weakish session beer, but it's got a bit of flavour and not quite enough if you know what I mean.

Does the strength enable the quaffability or does it mean the flavour is a bit wishy washy?

I can't decide if I like it or not. Help.

I wonder if Coconut has tried Mongozo coconut beer. In some bars it is served in a repro coconut shell.

Nope, seen some other Mongozo beers at Brewery Tap but never felt like buying one yet. Pretty sure they don't have the coconut one anyway, and if they did they wouldn't have the coconut 'cup'- it annoys me when I buy a drink there and get given a dirty looking standard half pint glass!

Pretty sure they don't have the coconut one anyway, and if they did they wouldn't have the coconut 'cup'- it annoys me when I buy a drink there and get given a dirty looking standard half pint glass!

There id a Belgian bar on Drury Lane at the Covent Garden end called Lowlander that do it in a coconut. It's not cheap though, you would have to shell out at least £4 a drink.