Beer Thread

Cisse

I had a couple of pints of Doom Bar the other day in a pub in Redcar. I'm really not sure about this beer - whether I like it or whether I hate it, because the grassy, earthy notes seem to overpower everything else. I'll have to try it again.

Anyway, today I've just ordered 24 bottles of Kasteelbier Donker from Kurt at Belgiuminabox.com

It has always been one of my favourites.

Haha, it took you 2 pints to come to the conclusion that you were undecided about this and you'd have to try it again.

:)

Haha, it took you 2 pints to come to the conclusion that you were undecided about this and you'd have to try it again.

:)

That's not so odd.

I must have had 40 or so bottles of Kasteelbier Donker, and I still can't make up my mind where it ranks in my top 5 beers - so I've just ordered another 24 bottles.

About 4, over various occasions.

Weird stuff, isn't it?

So heavy on the Fuggles and desperately out of balance, but I just can't pin the stuff down. Like or hate. Perhaps both. Ambivalence and dichotomy, perhaps. Constant variable.

I've ordered these......

Kasteelbier Donker

St. Bernardus Abt 12

Gulden Draak

Karmeliet Tripel

Westmalle Dubbel

3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze 2013

I'll blame you lot if they're shiite

I went over to America last summer with Scouts and Guides.. turns out they can do beer.

Arrogant B*stard - by Stone Brewing Co. 7.5% 

This is an aggressive ale. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory–maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this. 

At Stone Brewing, we believe that pandering to the lowest common denominator represents the height of tyranny - a virtual form of keeping the consumer barefoot and stupid. Brought forth upon an unsuspecting public in 1997, Arrogant B*stard Ale openly challenged the tyrannical overlords who were brazenly attempting to keep Americans chained in the shackles of poor taste. As the progenitor of its style, Arrogant B*stard Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity. There have been many nods to Arrogant B*stard Ale…even outright attempts to copy it… but only one can ever embody the true nature of liquid Arrogance!

Bought it on the description on the bottle alone. 

Just wish I could find somewhere in the UK that could send me some.. anyone know a guy?

I've ordered these......

Kasteelbier Donker

St. Bernardus Abt 12

Gulden Draak

Karmeliet Tripel

Westmalle Dubbel

I'm sure that you will love the first 5 - and the sixth will either be one of the best or one of the worst beers that you have ever tasted. Geuzes have that effect on people - rarely an 'acquired taste' and equally rarely do they stray into 'meh' territory. They tend to be sour - VERY sour on occasion - fermented and blended several times and each year the characteristics of the beer change subtly.

I love them - the Memsahib, on the other hand, thinks they are an abomination.

I went over to America last summer with Scouts and Guides.. turns out they can do beer.

Arrogant B*stard - by Stone Brewing Co. 7.5% 

Bought it on the description on the bottle alone. 

Just wish I could find somewhere in the UK that could send me some.. anyone know a guy?

I thought that The Offie in Leicester stocked it, but I've checked their website and can see no sign of it. At about £8 a bottle elsewhere, I'd think twice about it - but then I'd probably buy one just to compare with Brewdog's Libertine.

Out of stock at Beautiful Beers

http://www.beautifulbeers.co.uk/stone-arrogant-*******-ale-72-650ml.ir?cName=beers-american-stone-brewing

I've ordered these......

Kasteelbier Donker

St. Bernardus Abt 12

Gulden Draak

Karmeliet Tripel

Westmalle Dubbel

For some unknown reason I'm feeling thirsty...