Beer Thread

Cisse

Just off to the beer festival. Of the 319 beers on offer only 66 are above 5%, with just 19 coming in at over 6%

I'll report back on any I like.

So only 19 beers which could be alright... I'd stick with those as 66 is too many for one night anyway.

So, I had a half of (bold were best)...

Loch Lomond Silkie Stout 5%, Small World Thunderbridge Stout 5.2%, Sulwath Solway Mist 5.5%, Almasty Dandy (Dandelion) Saison 4.7%, Falstaff The Good The Bad & The drunk 6.2%, Buxton Bitter Recognize 6.7%, Hebridean Berzerker 7.4%

and brought home bottles of

(had before)   Dubuisson Bush Ambrée 12%, Barbar Bok  8.5%, Brooklyn EIPA 6.9%

(new to me) Sunner Kolsch 4.8%, Oud Beersel Bersalis Tripel 9.5%,  Ecaussinnes Ultrabrune 10%

I've had the Bersalis tripel - really nice and quite wheaty, which compliments the usual spiciness you get in Abbey tripels.

I've had the Bersalis tripel - really nice and quite wheaty, which compliments the usual spiciness you get in Abbey tripels.

Sounds like I should have it out of my Hoegaarden Grand Cru glass then! (someone broke my Duvel glass, and I myself broke my Guinness Brewers Project pint glass previously nicked from a pub). Today's beer festival offerings:

Moulin Hotel Old Remedial (5.4%).   Alchemy 10 Storey Malt Bomb (4.5%)Hopshackle Double Momentum  (7%) (like someone had made a beer from the liquid centres of a pack of honey & lemon Halls Soothers). Buxton Black Imperial IPA (7.4). Loch Ness Prince Of Darkness imperial stout (10%)

...bringing home a bottle (not from the festival) of Siren Craft Mum's The Word which is a 'Smoked milk porter with cherries & Chipotle chilli' at 5.5%

Edited by Coconut

I've just returned from three very boozy days in Frankfurt...(On a course, but when in Germany....).

Whilst perusing for a good old Mars bar in the local Shell garage, I noticed a can of Carlsberg, the like I'd never seen before...It was BLACK and carried a picture of an Elephant on the front (Strangely enough, it was called Carlsberg Elephant!).

Of course, my curiosity got the better of me and I purchased three cans, and at 1 euro each, I thought...BARGAIN.

I can now see why they were so cheap...at 11% proof and with the consistency of melting tarmac I doubt even a blind German tramp would bother sniffing it.

Strange place, Frankfurt.   

I've just returned from three very boozy days in Frankfurt...(On a course, but when in Germany....).

Whilst perusing for a good old Mars bar in the local Shell garage, I noticed a can of Carlsberg, the like I'd never seen before...It was BLACK and carried a picture of an Elephant on the front (Strangely enough, it was called Carlsberg Elephant!).

Of course, my curiosity got the better of me and I purchased three cans, and at 1 euro each, I thought...BARGAIN.

I can now see why they were so cheap...at 11% proof and with the consistency of melting tarmac I doubt even a blind German tramp would bother sniffing it.

Strange place, Frankfurt.   

Every country seems to have its own Tramp Juice - and I've chugged my way through a few. The only thing I would say about Elephant extra-strong is it's marginally better than Grolsch Canon (another 'Gets change from a Euro' special).