A Night Off

JimmyDCFC

Given we play one of the best and most on form teams in the country tomorrow, would you say it's only fair the players get a night off from booing and abuse should we lose horribly? There seemed to be an incredible amount of negativity after we lost to Man Utd in January despite playing relatively well, which almost certainly didn't help the fragile mental state the players were already in, tomorrow really needs to be pure support regardless of the display, the players will need confidence and support over the next few months and will not want to put in a decent display against Liverpool only to get ribbed for it anyway. 

The scousers will be vocal over in the corner, we need to match it regardless of the result. Up the Rams ? 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have been at another game, because as far as I was concerned we never turned up at all against Man U. Waste of £40. 

I'm hoping tomorrow will be different. 

But we do need to get behind the players whatever. A thumping defeat could be terrible for confidence levels and some more important upcoming matches. 

6 minutes ago, DenbyRam said:

I must have been at another game, because as far as I was concerned we never turned up at all against Man U. Waste of £40. 

But we do need to get behind the players whatever. A thumping defeat could be terrible for confidence levels and some more important upcoming matches. 

I didn't think we were that bad, particularly against a team that only had the FA Cup left to win (and did) so were fighting for every inch to win it. But yeah, agree with your sentiment, we have to support them whatever tomorrow. 

33 minutes ago, DenbyRam said:

I think this is the negativity @JimmyDCFC is referring too . Like the comment, waste of £40 ! We never turned up ! 

17 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I seemed to hear the Sunderland fans booing their team off the park both at half and full time after they were beaten 3 nil at home by a pretty decent Everton side, why do people think it's just our fans

I don't at all, but I do think we're famous for having good, patient fans, we're much better than a lot of teams in that respect so it's frustrating to see us crack at the slightest things. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyDCFC said:

I don't at all, but I do think we're famous for having good, patient fans, we're much better than a lot of teams in that respect so it's frustrating to see us crack at the slightest things. 

Sorry wasnt insinuating that it was your opinion solely was just reflecting back on the numerous threads and posts about our fans booing, don't think it is a problem singular to Derby County 

1 hour ago, JimmyDCFC said:

Given we play one of the best and most on form teams in the country tomorrow, would you say it's only fair the players get a night off from booing and abuse should we lose horribly? There seemed to be an incredible amount of negativity after we lost to Man Utd in January despite playing relatively well, which almost certainly didn't help the fragile mental state the players were already in, tomorrow really needs to be pure support regardless of the display, the players will need confidence and support over the next few months and will not want to put in a decent display against Liverpool only to get ribbed for it anyway. 

The scousers will be vocal over in the corner, we need to match it regardless of the result. Up the Rams ? 

why? why don't they show some skill levels relative to how good they re supposed to be at their jobs first. If I turned up to work and performed badly 8 days running I'd be out the door 

2 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

why? why don't they show some skill levels relative to how good they re supposed to be at their jobs first. If I turned up to work and performed badly 8 days running I'd be out the door 

Because that's what supporters do. They're not trying to play badly for **** sake.

Archived